A Reflection of How Far I've Come

For the first time in forever, I had some intrusive thoughts, that were accompanied with some worry, and focused on sexuality.

Unlike how it used to be, however, I was able to disregard them, and carry on.

It's so wild to me, how ill I was... that I lived like that for almost two years...

I've been on fluoxetine since December of 2018, and it's saved my life.

I'm so grateful for medicine, y'all. I can't imagine where I'd be without it.

How much did it change your anxiety and rumination for you?

I’ve been on at first 50mg of sertraline (Zoloft) for 1-2 months and then 100mg for 1-2 months and since then I’ve been on 150mg for about 2 months, I’ve definitely noticed a pretty big change in my general mood and anxiety but it seems like it might need more time to take effect.

When do you think it really “kicked in”? I don’t feel like I’ve had an experience like that with my meds and I always hear stories from others who say it really kicked in at a certain point. They’re definitely helpful for me but no massive changes yet, maybe I’ll need to wait some more time for it to happen.

On 1/29/2021 at 03:13, Rory said:

How much did it change your anxiety and rumination for you?

I’ve been on at first 50mg of sertraline (Zoloft) for 1-2 months and then 100mg for 1-2 months and since then I’ve been on 150mg for about 2 months, I’ve definitely noticed a pretty big change in my general mood and anxiety but it seems like it might need more time to take effect.

When do you think it really “kicked in”? I don’t feel like I’ve had an experience like that with my meds and I always hear stories from others who say it really kicked in at a certain point. They’re definitely helpful for me but no massive changes yet, maybe I’ll need to wait some more time for it to happen.

I'd say about three months, at most, maybe? I have to admit that I started messing around with drugs, for an unrelated reason, soon after, so my memory of starting it isn't great.

On 1/30/2021 at 01:53, Zee1989 said:

It's really great to hear that you're doing better!

Keep up the awesome work, it's so hard throwing those intrusive thoughts out - realising that they're just that and we have to take control over them by dismissing them. You're doing it though and doing an awesome job with it!

All the best with continued recovery!

Zee

On 1/30/2021 at 01:43, malina said:

Thanks a lot for sharing your story! It's always great and super encouraging to hear about people getting better. Well done you!!

Thanks, y'all ! I'm hoping that I can reach people who are where I was, bcuz no one deserves that