Why did this happen

Will try keep this short as possible. Ive been going through a horrible time for over a year and im trying to think why this happened to me. My life was great before i had this feeling/thought that ive done something such taboo. Then i had my first ever fear attach and i havent been the same since. 

So why did this happen at this time? 

When this happened i was away from my pregnant girlfriend on a weekend s pensioners trip with my father. The hotel was dirty and my room was really bad. Had to lay towels on the floor and bed as the carpet was disgusting. I didnt want to be there in the first place but i went along to keep my dad company. From the first night i was there i didnt feel right and felt it was a place i didnt want to be not to mention the dirty hotel room. The tbord night is when itnall changed. Can a change in surroundings be some sort of a trigger or factor? 

Prior to going away i was doing a 21 day exercise challenge everyday. I very rarely worked out before tbis. I did this workout  everyday up to the day before we went. Could this sudden stop in exercise be a reason why i i had this thought/ feeling which then led to a panic attack? Could it be i was alone most if the time? 

I could just be talking nonsense but ive been questioning myself with all these possibilities. Im not looking for reassurance just anyone who may have be experienced the same thing. 

Chris, your posts of late, including the above, show that you are fixated on the subject. You are churning over the thought, looking at it from different angles,  trying to come up with answers. It's all a compulsion and it is that that is keeping you stuck.

We aren't going to help you with your compulsions by entertaining your questions.

The reason this happened is because you have OCD. No other reason is warranted.