OCD sufferer from UK

Hi guys,

As mentioned previously I have had OCD during my teens and I had a massive flare up in 2013! which literally made me unwell. I took citalopram at the time but weaned myself off it as I didn’t want to take it. I also had a few sessions of CBT. 

I’m in my thirties and when I had the flare up I just wanted to get better. I didn’t join any forums or groups. 

Unfortunately over the last month I have a similar exacerbation of symptoms but this time around I took only a few days off work and have continued with my life. However the rituals and anxiety levels are taking over my whole day. 

I have had one session of Cbt and will have another next week on Wednesday 

Since yesterday afternoon till present I have  been doing ERP myself and trying my best to overcome this beast., and it has been okay-ish. 

When I have a bout of anxiety, I would like to share it and get instant advice or reassurance 

Please let me know your thoughts 

I find coming on here really helps me . Its a good idea. Cbt should help and it sounds like you are getting help.

I find if iam stressed and exhausted mine flares up throughout life, so I now look for signs of stress to stop it getting too bad.

Also getting distracted helps massively so getting on with something absorbing or fun is a great step to feeling better. Hope this helps