Help! Should I call 999

My 18 year old daughter has been suffering from OCD for over 3 years. She has times when it is difficult to manage but recently it has been overwhelming her. She is currently screaming and crying upstairs in the bathroom and declares that our home and everyone in it is gross. I just don't know what to do. In the past when she has been like this, we have allowed her the time and space to release her feelings and she eventually comes to realise that it is the OCD making her feel this way. But she is now saying that she wants to listen to the OCD because it is true. She is hysterical upstairs and I just don't know what to do for the best. Is there any help I can access other than A&E?

Hi Mrs R,

I've only just seen your post, I'm sorry I missed it yesterday. It must be incredibly difficult seeing your daughter going through this, but I think allowing her the space to gradually calm down again is really the only option open to you, unless you feel she may be a risk to herself. How is she now, is she okay?

Has she received any help in the past from her GP and possibly been able to access more help and support through the NHS for help with the issues around contamination?

My apologies again for the delay in replying to you.