Each obsession feels more real than the last

Guest lauren415

Guest lauren415

I’ve been having a hard time this last month with my OCD. It seems like each obsession feels more real than the last. My current one feels the realest out of any one that I’ve had in the last few weeks. But then I think to myself, does it? Didn’t I say that about the last one? I don’t know, it just feels different this time and it’s scaring me. I think back to when I started having the obsession and how it felt then. Did I think it was OCD then? Does this image in my head hold truth or is my brain just making it up? Am I just saying that I doubt it’s OCD so I can comfort myself by saying if there’s any doubt there that means it’s OCD? Is my guilt misplaced or is it real? Am I in denial? Do I not want to face the truth? Am I typing all of this out now just to make myself feel better?

Usually I get over one obsession but another comes in, and I feel like I want another one to come on so this one fades, but then again I fear what I could obsess about next. I really just want to stop thinking about these things altogether but I can’t. I start my maintenance dose of Prozac tomorrow and my doctor said it could be another 8 weeks...but what if it doesn’t work as well this time?

Don't count on meds getting rid of your obsessions. Adhering to the principles of CBT will get you to where you want to be.

The latest obsession always seems more real or worse. It's here now, bothering you. Yesterday's obsession is in the past and not top of mind.

Guest lauren415

PolarBear, I was on 80mg of Prozac for years with my thoughts controlled and feeling like a normal person, so I’m hoping I get the same result. If not then I will do the therapy.