Private Therapy Recommendations

Has anyone on here had any personal experience of getting private therapy for severe OCD. I really want to find the best private therapist, cost is no issue, and I would appreciate recommendations from anyone who has had really good private therapy. Thanks so much

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the forum ? 

Would this list be of help? They're all recommended by Ashley (OCD-UK's Chief Exec) as being at top of their game in treating OCD? 

Dr Elizabeth Forrester (Petts Wood) - http://www.dreforrester.co.uk/  

Dr Anne Marie O Connor at the Mind Works (London) – http://themindworks.co.uk/

Dr Emma Baldock at Mind Works

Dr David Veale (Priory Southgate)

Dr Blake Stobie

Dr Rob Willson

Dr Jan Van Niekerk

Katie deAth

Dr Lauren Callaghan  (now in Sydney, but working remotely could work)

Debby Cranston

Hal:)

I have used theMindworks in London and they have a team of clinical psychologists there. 

Anyone you use now will likely be via technology, but of course that helps re travel issues. 

The top people Hal mentioned may not be available, but others in their practices may be perfectly suitable so worth checking out. 

The main OCD-UK website gives advice on checking suitability of therapists. 

I've also been thinking of changing therapists and my only concern is that a new therapist would want to have sessions every week. I don't really need this and I can't afford it. When you go somewhere like Mind Works, would they be flexible about how often you have sessions?

I don't know. People would normally want weekly sessions, and that's what I have always had when in therapy, wherever. 

The idea being that you complete sessions until both parties agree therapy has done its job. 

Then that frees up the therapist to act for another patient. 

You would need to ask them and explain your reasoning and see if it's possible. 

53 minutes ago, taurean said:

I don't know. People would normally want weekly sessions, and that's what I have always had when in therapy, wherever. 

The idea being that you complete sessions until both parties agree therapy has done its job. 

Then that frees up the therapist to act for another patient. 

You would need to ask them and explain your reasoning and see if it's possible. 

Thanks Roy! I've been kind of nervous about the change and procrastinating it, but I think I just need to contact them and see! ?