OCD and Covid vaccine. will we get it earlier in this latest group?

1 hour ago, Logan5 said:

I’d heard they we’re prioritising people with mental health issues also.

It doesn't say that in the official government documentation thus far but I suppose the situation is a constantly changing one.  I guess this is also borne out by your GP's response who would have known if it was so.

According to the Daily Telegraph on Apple News the U.K., Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark are countries that give the vaccine to those with ‘severe mental illness’. As Carammoole says the criteria would be serious disease and mortality. So for example there is a considerable elevated risk from dying with COVID if you have the diagnosis of schizophrenia. The mortality figures for this illness are poor. I do not believe the risk of premature death from having OCD is significant. I stand to be corrected. Also social and economic deprivation are factors in early death and COVID infection and death and postal codes are being used to allocate vaccines.

strangely my missus has been offered it and shes only 53. she does have lung scaring from a 30+ year old TB infection and is Chinese, so maybe these are factors. though when we phoned them about this early on last year they didnt seem to think she needed to shield. fortunately our employer has let her work from home. they seem less happy about me working from home though, but its a different dept, they even have tried to ignore my GP's sick note stating i should work from home.

Just checked on NHS Digital - COVID -19 Population Risk Assessment site which uses the University of Oxford’s risk prediction model - ‘severe mental illness’ is a factor. So if you are diagnosed as having one you will get the jab soon.

Hi Logan5 yeah some employers aren’t that flexible unfortunately

Severe Mental Illness is generally to be defined as having a diagnosis of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder - Public Health England - Severe Mental Disorder (SMI) and physical health inequalities 2018.

The next of vaccination includes 40-49 years.

Unfortunately OCD alone isn't a factor that will give you priority for the vaccine, unless it so severe that you get SMI council tax discount - severe mental illness, but it is unusual to get this alone for OCD, it's normally for a diagnosis of Schizophrenia or Bipolar. 

The SMI for council tax relieve stands for ‘severely mentally impaired’ rather than ‘severely mentally ill‘. A good guide for severely mentally impaired and council relief is on the money saving expert web site:  the category includes dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke victims .........The complete list is on the money saving site. Though many categories of people within the severely mentally impaired domain will be entitled to the vaccine but under their clinical/ medical classification rather than their council tax designation.

5 hours ago, Angst said:

The SMI for council tax relieve stands for ‘severely mentally impaired’ rather than ‘severely mentally ill‘. A good guide for severely mentally impaired and council relief is on the money saving expert web site:  the category includes dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke victims .........The complete list is on the money saving site. Though many categories of people within the severely mentally impaired domain will be entitled to the vaccine but under their clinical/ medical classification rather than their council tax designation.

Well I have been prioritised for vaccine due to my SMI for council tax. :)