OCD questioning reality

Hi I feel embarressed writing this seem to have a new topic of questioning if everything is real I have a great life and an amazing family. I know it is but im always in my head has anyone been through this usually I can beat my OCD topics but this one seems to be a struggle thank you

I don't have this theme but what resonates with me is when you say 'I have a great life and a amazing family'  as I often write this in my posts. Ocd threatens what we value and our fear of losing something good . This is just another ocd theme and I would treat it like any other, don't analyse or ruminate on your thoughts get really busy or distracted and it will begin to fade. Hope this helps.

On 22/03/2021 at 01:03, Hd120820 said:

Hi I feel embarressed writing this seem to have a new topic of questioning if everything is real I have a great life and an amazing family. I know it is but im always in my head has anyone been through this usually I can beat my OCD topics but this one seems to be a struggle thank you

Hi HD,  OCD can strike us using any fear, you never need to feel ashamed of what you worry about!  Seriously, no matter how embarrassing you think it might be, not only have we probably seen it here on the forums before, even if we haven't its OK because we all know how OCD is.

Existential fears are one of those topics that comes up on the forum regularly.  Its a perfectly understandable worry to have, but like any OCD worry its frustrating and painful to have to deal with it.  Of course it feels so important to your mind right now, and its hard to deal with, but as much as the OCD screams at you that you MUST figure this out, you need to remind yourself that you actually don't.  You can (and should) just continue to go about your life as much as possible.  What if everything isn't "real"?  Well you don't have any particular way of knowing if it is, or changing things if it isn't.  Worrying won't change anything (as is usually the case).  If its all a dream, then well, its all a dream.  If its not, its not.  Its ok not to try and figure things out, to not know the answer 100%.  Live your life and remind yourself when these worries pop up that despite what OCD tells you, you don't have to solve the problem.