Can someone answer me please

Right, this may sound like a weird question. When using the toilet, how do you undress yourself before sitting on it? Do you pull your pants down then lift your shirt up? How do you hold your shirt without it falling into your lap? Do you use one hand to hold the shirt and the other to wipe yourself? Do you not hold your shirt at all and just let it sit in your lap?

I ask this because I have developed a weird habit of tying my shirt into a knot above my chest before using the toilet (number 1 and 2). This is done to avoid my clothes coming into contact with urine/faeces- however it doesn’t feel normal to do such a thing and I want to stop. I’m on my journey to recovery but it’s literally as if I’ve forgotten how to use the toilet.

Someone please answer.

I'm going to do you a big favor and not answer your questions. You learned what to do at about the age of 3 of 4.

Yes, what you do is overboard. Yes, you should stop.

This isn't about utine and feces on your clothes. It's about an irrational fear of that. Don't let fear rule the day.

I understand, however I literally do not remember how I used to use the toilet (before all my issues started). If I did remember, I’d challenge myself to use the toilet the way I used to- but I don’t. I honestly have no clue. I feel stuck as if I now have no choice but to tie my shirt because that’s all I know. 

Well, I guess you need to relearn. Trust me. You figured it out when you were a toddler. You can figure it out now.

But beware your obsessions. They'll have you standing on your head if you listen to them.