Today has been the final straw...all day long my ocd has been around, from 7am to 10pm while I’ve been at work... constantly checking everything I do... every minute of the day checking my work..worrying I’ve missed something...scared of making a mistake... it’s so exhausting... I can’t take this anymore... this ocd is no longer going to rule my life... no longer will it take away all my attention...from now on I’m willing to make mistakes... not be as perfect as I want to... live with uncertainty...I’d rather be known as someone who messes up all the time than a checker who doesn’t trust himself...

and breath

So a few days into my new attitude towards the ocd... it’s been so liberating to have a don’t care attitude...I’m surprised myself at how better I feel already... don’t get me wrong.. the ocd is still there every minute of the day but not being tied down towards it is very freeing... and guess what... so far I’ve not made any mistakes or errors in my work...you know for a fact I’ll mess up now...lol

if I could now get this attitude towards my relationship ocd then I’m sure I’ll be recovered to the point that my long awaited appointment for cbt will no longer be required...

13 hours ago, seb79 said:

So a few days into my new attitude towards the ocd... it’s been so liberating to have a don’t care attitude...I’m surprised myself at how better I feel already... don’t get me wrong.. the ocd is still there every minute of the day but not being tied down towards it is very freeing... and guess what... so far I’ve not made any mistakes or errors in my work...you know for a fact I’ll mess up now...lol

if I could now get this attitude towards my relationship ocd then I’m sure I’ll be recovered to the point that my long awaited appointment for cbt will no longer be required...

Well done, Seb. You're trying so hard and it is really inspirational! It will be hard, but you're determined and you're doing so well. Remember we are here for you to talk to if you're struggling. Can you apply what you've learnt to the relationship OCD you struggle with?

My ocd in my relationship takes the form of me not trusting her...always watching what she does... every little thing I can question...if I can train myself not to ask questions that don’t need to be answered and keep my mouth shut when I get these thoughts then I’m hoping that will be a good start