Is self reassurance a thing?

This may sound like a very stupid question but can self reassurance be a compulsion? As I'd say to myself everything is okay, something would have happened by now and things along those lines.

What I want to ask is this the same as seeking reassurance from others? As I have gotten over that compulsion but I still have times where its almost like a pep talk with myself, that says you're overreacting, you're fine.

Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated as always.

Edited by Real2

Those who avoid are called Avoidants.

Many of us didn't receive reassurance growing up. We didn't get the memo that we have worth and value—and that we’re OK just as we are. As a result, we may have a need for reassurance. If you find yourself needing reassuring presence or validation, it doesn't mean you’re an insecure person; it simply means you’re human. It takes courage to reach out and ask for support when needed.

14 hours ago, Handy said:

Those who avoid are called Avoidants.

Many of us didn't receive reassurance growing up. We didn't get the memo that we have worth and value—and that we’re OK just as we are. As a result, we may have a need for reassurance. If you find yourself needing reassuring presence or validation, it doesn't mean you’re an insecure person; it simply means you’re human. It takes courage to reach out and ask for support when needed.

That may be so in general terms but Real2's question relates to the sort of reassurance sought in OCD, which is somewhat different :)