Feel like I've gone backwards

Hello all, 

Anyone got any advice/ words of encouragement for when you feel like your progress is not, well, progressing? I've felt like I'm wading through treacle recently and though I'd made a lot of progress in therapy, I'm really struggling to keep on top of basic chores and things now. (Therapy has just ended so there's no help there unfortunately!)

Most of the time I feel so exhausted it's hard to do much, which in turn is stressful and saps my energy, etc...?

Anyone relate?

Yes , sometimes I feel like this .

I find it helps to let myself have what I call a bad day , once in a while and accept that I can't do much that day. It then seems to pass the next day if I've rested and not fought it.

Also.i find doing a really small task it doesn't feel so overwhelming and  I usually find that once I get started on that small task I actually enjoy it and want to carry on.

Set very small goals ,you can always increase them gradually.

Hope this helps it worked for me.

Setting a timer for chores, perhaps just five minutes to start working up to fifteen is supposed to be helpful. I've never tried it and struggle myself with similar.

There's a David Veale book called something like managing your mood which has some helpful tips for daily living. 

I experience the same lack of motivation too. I think it's good advice to just set yourself small targets like make all the beds and sweep the floor.  Or go for a ten minute walk etc.  Then if you feel like it you can then do more. If you think of everything you needs to get done it feels too overwhelming and then it's hard to even start. Anxiety can be so debilitating I know x