Any advice think ive taken on too much

Hi everyone

Ive got my second jab on Wednesday  I have promised my daughter and granddaughter that i would go to the shops with them afterwards and then i have booked an appointment at the opticians after this.  This all means that I have to face my covid contamination fears and sit down for jab, touch things in shop, sit down for eye test, touch machines during examination and try on new glasses frames.  My aniexty is starting already.  Im trying to see the positives in all this , especially exposure opportunities and trying to keep in mind that people visit these places all the time and they do not become ill.  Im also trying to not think about coming back home afterwards and jumping straight into the shower and washing clothes.

Anyone any advice please   

I went to the optician last Wednesday on basis of my local NHS system for eye care whereby minor eye problems are investigated by well qualified experts in specified shops. Fortunately it was a case of dry eye rather than anything structural. The staff were wearing masks, the optician was wearing a mask and aproned and the machines are cleansed after each patient. Hands were regularly sanitised. My anxiety was taking the bus there and back with a number of people not wearing masks on the way back home. It was the second and third bus journey in well over a year. Going to the dentist again this Thursday.  I am fine with medical or near medical contexts with established routines but still very anxious about public transport.

I do visit shops but when less busy and for brief periods. I have had two jabs are defined as clinically vulnerable.

I think you will be fine. Are you taking public transport?

1 hour ago, OPTIMISTIC said:

Hi everyone

Ive got my second jab on Wednesday  I have promised my daughter and granddaughter that i would go to the shops with them afterwards and then i have booked an appointment at the opticians after this.  This all means that I have to face my covid contamination fears and sit down for jab, touch things in shop, sit down for eye test, touch machines during examination and try on new glasses frames.  My aniexty is starting already.  Im trying to see the positives in all this , especially exposure opportunities and trying to keep in mind that people visit these places all the time and they do not become ill.  Im also trying to not think about coming back home afterwards and jumping straight into the shower and washing clothes.

Anyone any advice please   

This is brilliant- you've got lots of exposure work all planned for one day. It could really help you in your recovery and for you to see that nothing bad happens as a consequence of this. It's like one big 'behavioural experiment'. I think once you start facing the first challenge (going for the jab) the others might well seem less difficult as you'll have already achieved one of your goals.