Good Evening All,

I have been taking Venlafaxine for around 5 weeks with absolutely no benefit at all. I have my phone call tomorrow with the head doc and I was thinking of asking to try Clomipramine.  I have been on Sertraline previously for some years and tried fluoxetine for a short time too.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Thanks for reading x

Hi Blondie,

5 weeks doesn’t seem like a long time to allow the medication to have had an effect. It may be worth giving it a little more time. 

Having said that, I am on clomipramine and have found it to be really effective for me. 

1 minute ago, Hdigtts said:

Hi Blondie,

5 weeks doesn’t seem like a long time to allow the medication to have had an effect. It may be worth giving it a little more time. 

Having said that, I am on clomipramine and have found it to be really effective for me. 

Hey H,

I know it seems a short time but I feel not one jot of benefit. I guess I'm impatient because I feel so bad. Tell me about the Clomipramine, how long did it take to help and what symptoms particularly does it help you with?

It’s normal to want it to work quickly, I’m the same! I have tried Sertraline and fluoxetine in the past and found that they didn’t do much for me either. 

I would say it took around 5 weeks to start having an effect on me. I’m not sure exactly what it has helped with but I can tell I am a lot calmer, less panic attacks, clearer head and generally my mood is improved :)

Just now, Hdigtts said:

It’s normal to want it to work quickly, I’m the same! I have tried Sertraline and fluoxetine in the past and found that they didn’t do much for me either. 

I would say it took around 5 weeks to start having an effect on me. I’m not sure exactly what it has helped with but I can tell I am a lot calmer, less panic attacks, clearer head and generally my mood is improved :)

I'm a nervous wreck and am suffering from terrible false memories surrounding writing awful things about people.

I could do with a clearer head!