Partner focused OCD - Apperance

Good evening, 

I will try to make this brief as I know how easy it is to go on and on with ocd talk! :)

One of my reoccurring horrendous ocd issues is finding flaws in my partners apperance, despite her being beautiful. It's causing me so many issues as I go withdrawn, sad, numb and very frustrated I can't enjoy my relationship. 

Does anyone have tips to help this? I haven't found the ones through therapy to help much. Also, I was prescribed anti depressants, is it possible these will help in that they lower anxiety and could assist with the issue? 

Thanks 

John

Welcome!

You said you have tried therapy - is that cognitive behavioural therapy?

I can only tell it how it was for me as SSRIs can affect people differently. For me it really helped with anxiety but it blunted my emotions. It also made drinking alcohol a no-no which doesn’t worry me these days. And... it made getting sexually aroused difficult though it got a bit better after a few years.

But in a relationship emotions are important I guess so you have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Best wishes.

Thanks a lot for the reply. I was incorrectly given fluxotine once and I drank on that but it was alright tbh. I'd have to experiment with levels I think. 

I have had cbt, a very good therapist too, but I haven't cracked ocd yet which is very disheartening but alas its very hard work.