This whole thing is ********.

The mental health system is a joke. Parents are a joke. I had ocd since 9.

OCD is a VERY serious issue. And I hate to spike people but im not convinced an OCD'er will NEVER act on their thoughts. Sorry if it spikes u but thats true.

So heres my question if u have pedophile ocd, how are u supposed to get help and openly talk about ur thoughts? especially ten years ago.

If ur an adolescent with pedophile ocd. Is it not ur parents job to help u with that? like when u open upto them and say like I get bad thoughts? arent they supposed to inquire further, when ur purposefully avoiding kids arent they supposed to pick up on that? How does a parent then know to do that or understand this disorder.

If u have this illness I think u are screwed. Especially with other things at play.

I had it since I was 9, and it was pretty obvious, my parents just ignored it.

At 17 my life was over, bad decisions. STEMMED FROM OCD.

Ive been talking to the crisis team, they are a joke, HONESTLY THE STANDARD OF CARE IS ****

u cant even get seen physically now, I have lots of neurological issues going on. OH WELL. ANOTHER STATISTIC.

Good luck guys, dont play with ur kids lives get them help when they need it dont ignore them, running up and down the stairs 12 times a day, and being distressed telling u they are worried they are going to do something bad, seeing things and not once get a doctor.

I was ****** from the get go, and guess what now im the bad guy.... hurray for me

What a life eh.

1 hour ago, humbleno1 said:

im not convinced an OCD'er will NEVER act on their thoughts.

We can never say never, but I can say I have never read or come across such a case so far in my almost 20 year career.   

But of course, such a suggestion is likely to trigger people so it's important we put that into context that even people without OCD have dark thoughts, even about sexually touching or hurting children, but the difference is those people relabel/dismiss the thoughts instantly or within moments but for those of us with OCD we tend to ruminate on such thoughts and attach more meaning to them than what they are, just nonsense thoughts.

If ur an adolescent with pedophile ocd. Is it not ur parents job to help u with that? like when u open upto them and say like I get bad thoughts? arent they supposed to inquire further, when ur purposefully avoiding kids arent they supposed to pick up on that? How does a parent then know to do that or understand this disorder.

Although many people do have OCD in childhood, many of those same people don't always exhibit behaviors until adulthood so it's not unusual for parents to miss symptoms. It's not unusual for adult partners to miss symptoms in their partners either. It happens.  Even when a parent is aware their child is suffering from OCD many parents then struggle to know what to do or what to say, we hear that so much from parents attending our educational webinars.   For many parents the first step to understanding their child's OCD will be if they pick up a book about OCD or attend our webinars. 

At 17 my life was over, bad decisions. STEMMED FROM OCD.

I don't think that's ever the case for any age, be 17 or 47 like me.  Life is never over, it's never too late to change. I spoke to a friend this morning who turned 60 this week and told me she's planning on growing older disgracefully with lots of fun. It's never to late to change and improve how we live our life.  It won't always be perfect, but we can still change how we enjoy life, regardless of age.

Good luck guys, dont play with ur kids lives get them help when they need it dont ignore them, running up and down the stairs 12 times a day, and being distressed telling u they are worried they are going to do something bad, seeing things and not once get a doctor.

It sounds like you are blaming your parents?  If that is the case, then dude, cut them some slack, it's not their fault you have OCD.    

was ****** from the get go, and guess what now im the bad guy

I don't know if you're a bad guy or not, but in this post you do seem to be feeling sorry for yourself.  That's ok, we all have those days, but at some point if you ever want to get better you have to stop blaming others (or ourselves) and focus on taking action!  We do have a choice of course, we can either sit and moan and feel sorry for ourselves and blame the world....  or we can dust ourselves down and reach out politely to the NHS or our family or our friends and ask them to help us find the right support to help us, challenge our OCD... because whilst help is out there, at the end of the day it's down to us to do the work that will end up changing our quality of life.

OCD is a VERY serious issue. And I hate to spike people but im not convinced an OCD'er will NEVER act on their thoughts. Sorry if it spikes u but thats true.

I don’t mean to offend you but I feel this is something someone deep in the OCD mindset would believe, rather than a reflection of the typical reality of those suffering with this disorder. 

Others will be here to help you soon, you seem very distressed and I’m sorry you’ve felt you’ve had to deal with this alone up until this point and that the mental health system isn’t working for you (I think we’ve all been there to a certain degree and recognise the pitfalls in the system). 

If u have this illness I think u are screwed. Especially with other things at play.

It’s dutiful of any good parent to inquire when they have been made aware their child is distressed; that said, many parents will not understood OCD nor recognise the signs of it, especially a non-stereotypical type such as yours.

I’m sorry they didn’t extend a hand to you how you would have liked, but it’s no reason to give up hope! I’m sure many share the sentiment of thinking we were screwed, but we recognised we had a disorder and either worked through it or are in the process of doing so. It may not seem like it to you right now, but OCD is very recoverable, even if we can’t physically have our brain structures reworked, we can learn to rewire our responses and not be controlled by our obsessions. 

I understand you’re feeling failed by people who you think should help you, and you’re right. But you’re in the right place with many who understand, and a more positive outlook that you can reclaim your life is needed to aid your recovery. I’m sure others will weigh in soon, so hang in there. 

While I appreciate the responses. I was crying out for help as a teenager. I openly discussed what was going on with me, in terms of at one point even had a psychotic break, my dad was a narcissist, and basically threatened me with psychological help like it was something to fear. My dad told me I was scaring my mother and I had to sit and get over it, and tried to make me sit in a hallway until i was "over it". When my mother intervened, he threw a plate at our heads. And tried to leave and had my mother begging him to come back.

Id tell them I got bad thoughts and my mothers response was "they arent sexual are they?" I had no choice but to act like I never had a problem all the while being emotionally abused from my father with a mother in la la land. I had no chance. And terrible things happened at this time.

I dont understand why they never even took me to a doctors. WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH THERE HEAD. I blame myself I wish Id have took my ******* self, but I was so afraid of judgement. WTF... I feel so a grieved by this, at 15-17 im supposed to tell my parents, hey you know this stuff im doing everyday that i think is normal, ive kinda realised its not normal?

You know its hard to watch people in my bigger family with problems, get SOOOO much support at this age 15-17. Parents heavily invested in their future. What im saying is when you are having a mental health crisis at this time, when it already damages everything about you, this time in your life is so important ..."coming of age" right.

I laugh about it I really do. How could people be so ignorant of it when it was staring them in the face.....

At 9 years old I used to run and tell my mother everything, as a compulsion and id say u get u get me, and it was only til she said yes, that i could move on. They put it down to "puberty". But I told them I have a voice/thoughts in my head that dont feel like they come from.

My dad used to laugh and say how is your friend in your head today, this was at 9/10.

When I look back now, I realise from phobias, to anxiety, to whatever else, ive been struggling quite badly with mental health issues since 9 years old.

And I know my parents didnt give a ****, too concerned with themselves, particularly my dad.

14 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

You know its hard to watch people in my bigger family with problems, get SOOOO much support at this age 15-17.

Look I know you have had it hard, but so have other children and young people. You're not the only one who doesn't get hep with their OCD at a younger age.   I am struggling to understand what you are wanting from the forum?  If you want to rant about how awful you parents are go ahead.  You may be right about them, I don't know, but I do know this, all this ranting won't help you overcome OCD.  

Time to stop blaming your parents and take some self responsibility. 

13 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

I know my parents didnt give a ****, too concerned with themselves, particularly my dad.

How could people be so ignorant of it when it was staring them in the face.....

I will be honest you have a lot of anger, and well placed or misplaced it's not healthy, I think  you really need to to talk to a professional about how you feel and let them help you in time, calmly talk to your parents about how you feel.

13 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

At 9 years old I used to run and tell my mother everything, as a compulsion and id say u get u get me, and it was only til she said yes, that i could move on. They put it down to "puberty". But

Most parents would think that?  No parents wants to admit their child might have a mental health problem.  This was what, 10 years ago from what I can work out? Maybe longer. Back then we still were not talking that much about OCD in the public domain. It's hard for parents today still, was even harder back then.

Again to play devils advocate for a moment...

I dont understand why they never even took me to a doctors. WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH THERE HEAD. I blame myself I wish Id have took my ******* self, but I was so afraid of judgement.

Perhaps they were afraid of you being judged too? I don't know. But you are blaming them for something you admit you struggled to do to.

Perhaps a more healthy use of your forum time is to talk about what plans you can put in place to start to address the OCD. I am sure the forum would do its best to help with that.

Ashley

P.S.  I know you are upset and angry, but you are making our swear filter burn out and run out of stars :)