Exposure and habitation therapy worth it?

Hi ☺️

My partner suffers with OCD, recently he has reached out for help and was being looked after by CMHT, but they was majorly a let down and didn't seem to understand his condition properly. All he received from them was leaflets about what OCD is and a leaflet on breathing techniques in a panic attack, nothing on guidance of how to deal with the intrusive thoughts that were taking over his life.

Upon doing our own research we came across exposure and habitation therapy and have started to do this on our own and it seems to be working a treat minus a few hiccups BUT what I want to know is, is this possible to do on our own? 

We don't really have much other choice as the CMHT was a little useless and CBT therapy has a waiting list till next year. I just want to be reassured I'm doing whats best for my partner in his recovery and if this is the right path to make him better as I have anxiety myself and the thought of not doing the right thing to help him get better is driving me insane and fueling my anxiety so much. 

Please help ??????

Hi Twinklestar and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

It's absolutely possible to do it on your own, yes. Great news that you've already had some success. :)

If you feel you need more guidance you could try a self-help book.Break Free from OCD  is a good one, but there are lots to choose from.

The forums are also full of people with a wealth of experience, so any questions please ask.