Why would my OCD change?

I'm new to OCD, just been diagnosed and have my first appointment with a therapist this week. 

Usually my OCD changes real events that have occurred at work and catastrophises them and has me ended up losing my house, wife, children and ultimately in prison. 

This time however I had an intrusive thought about hurting a child I saw whilst out walking and then hours later thinking did that happen?

Why would my OCD suddenly change and make up an event?

Is this normal?

The nature of the change has stopped me putting the event down to OCD. My mind thinks 'you have never made events up before so there must be some truth'

Any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, Gary S said:

Why would my OCD suddenly change and make up an event?

Because OCD can be any obsessive thought/doubt/fear/feeling and given that the nature of thoughts a human can have are infinite it can target many.  The good news is that it's not the nature of the thought that is important, it's how be react and deal with it that matters :)

58 minutes ago, Handy said:

Thoughts like that with no physical compulsion can be a sign of GAD.  Your doctor can sort it out. 

Doctors can offer advice, they can't sort it out......it's we who do that.  OCD doesn't have to have physical compulsions.  Regardless of that, I'm not a fan of labels, they're all anxiety conditions with lots of overlap.  GAD will have compulsions too......using  the same basic  principles will help regardless

1 hour ago, Handy said:

Thoughts like that with no physical compulsion can be a sign of GAD.  Your doctor can sort it out. 

Way off base.

Physical compulsions (overt) are one type of compulsion. There is also covert compulsions, which are mental in nature. 

Your average doctor is inept when it comes to diagnosing or distinguishing between OCD and GAD.

What Gary is talking about is everyday OCD.

I think that's probably my fault Handy. I put a similar post on earlier in the week but because I'm new to the forum I put my name in the title and I don't think many people read it.

I'm not sure if they're physical compulsions but the event happened 3 months ago. I check the local newspaper 4 times an hour to see if its in (this is reducing every day) and I've been back numerous times and reconstructed the event (which I havnt done in a week)

Polar bear has already advised me not to do these things so I was just wondering if OCD could change its method of attack without looking for reassurance. 

My family have already changed from telling me I havnt done it and that's just not me to you might of as per the online videos.

Looking forward to my appointment tomorrow with the therapist. 

OCD can be both, psysical and/or mental compulsions. I have been having both since childhood. At the moment there are more mental compulsions and less physical compulsions.

OCD can change the topic, I've already had the topics contamination, religion, cheating, violence, poison, POCD and some more. OCD can jump on every topic that is important for you. 

You sound as though you're going to do very well Gary.  You've sought treatment, you're learning about the treatment and, more important.y, you're putting it into practise.  Your family are clearly supporting you in the right way as well.  Good Luck with your therapy session :)