Really stressing about covid

Hello all

I’ve been struggling so badly with covid and the worry of having the virus and passing it on.

I found out today my sister in law tested positive but isn’t going for a PCR test because she got a positive on lateral flow and feels awful and her friends have it too.

they saw my mother in law on Monday and we then saw her for lunch yesterday.

I’m petrified she is actually a close contact and should be self isolating too but because they are getting pcrs my mother is law wouldn’t be contacted.

im so scared at lunch yesterday we might have caught it too and she was kissing my son and really need advice as I’m scared to go out 

Hi Corrie...i suffer from OCD as you but I do not have this theme actually...We treat any theme the same as I understood if this is an OCD obssession you are facing.

If you have real worries that you could be infected, maybe just contact your doctor would be my advise. Surely he knows how to help you better...

Unless I'm misreading this, it does appear there's a potential risk. Even though this may be something that your OCD latches on to it doesn't mean that you should ignore everything.  You could all take a lateral flow test and ring the Covid Helpline on 119 for further advice.  If your Father In Law has been in contact with your SIL I would probably postpone lunch.

The difference here between having a health anxiety and this issue is that THERE HAS BEEN contact in the family group with someone known to have tested positive

Regulations

The link above shows the regulations.  Your Sister In Law should have reported her positive test in order that Test & Trace can follow up contacts.  All those who've been in direct contact (your Mother & anyone else) should self-isolate.  That doesn't include you but your MIL should also test and if she were positive, then you should isolate

Yea I thought this but she isn’t going for a test so it’s so annoying. Only my mother in law with directly in contact on Monday, we saw her Wednesday and she started feeling ill Wednesday evening.

so is it ocd or not for me to be petrified to go out for lunch tomorrow. I’m so worried I’m knowingly going to make someone ill

It's OCD that you're petrified, that's an excessive response.  However your SIL & MIL are breaching regulations.   Your MIL could be positive and if she was you too should be isolating.  Only you can choose.  I possibly wouldn't.  Shame they're being irresponsible

My SIL is now isolating for ten days.

My MIL hasn’t been contacted by anyone because my SIL didn’t do a PCR.

So my question is where does this leave me after seeing my MIL yesterday.

am I ok to go out ? I just feel so scared I could develop covid and pass it on and I’m so confused 

To err on the side of caution I personally wouldn't go for lunch tomorrow.  Is your mother in law going to take a test? If so that will make the decision for you.  In laws are known for being tricky so I feel for you in this situation. 

Other than that I don't think it's unreasonable to take some lateral flow tests over the next week or so but then go back to normal.

I’m due out tomorrow and I keep worrying I have covid.

I did a lateral flow but keep thinking I can see a greyish line next to the T when I move it around in the light and I could really use some advice whether to test again tomorrow 

"But what if......."

A huge flag here indicating that this is the "Need for certainty" compulsion of OCD going on and what you need to work on.  We can't assist you with these OCD driven questions Corrie.  Try to recognise what's happening here :)

Ok I am seeing grey lines but I’m just doubting what the mean

also freaking about my mil came to our car and out flowers and an anniversary card in the boot but she is still testing negative 8 days after seeing my Sister in law who got covid but I’m scared to touch the flowers and card?