Feeling awful and hopeless

45 minutes ago, Cora said:

Thank you for your reply, @snowbear!

I'm sorry to be so insistent but could you please have a look at my other post? Thank you!

@Cora this response is literally saying "thanks for the brilliant advice about how to stop doing compulsions....now back to my compulsion, can you read my most recent confession and give me some reassurance please"

Come on, give it a real try, you gave Nikki such great advice, apply some of that to yourself!

1 minute ago, malina said:

@Cora this response is literally saying "thanks for the brilliant advice about how to stop doing compulsions....now back to my compulsion, can you read my most recent confession and give me some reassurance please"

Come on, give it a real try, you gave Nikki such great advice, apply some of that to yourself!

@malina, but my last post is about urges and acting on them, which (in my mind) is something so much worse...

5 minutes ago, Cora said:

@malina, but my last post is about urges and acting on them, which (in my mind) is something so much worse...

I'm really sorry that you're feeling stuck Cora, but I'm definitely not going to help you stay stuck by talking about your urges.

Instead, can you think of some ways you might be able to practice what you have learned from the forum and your therapy to help you let this go?

19 minutes ago, malina said:

I'm really sorry that you're feeling stuck Cora, but I'm definitely not going to help you stay stuck by talking about your urges.

Instead, can you think of some ways you might be able to practice what you have learned from the forum and your therapy to help you let this go?

I know this is stupid, malina, but at the moment it feels impossible to let it go. 

15 minutes ago, Cora said:

I know this is stupid, malina, but at the moment it feels impossible to let it go.

Well it's not Cora.....yes, the urge to ruminate may be strong but you can change that if you determine to work at it

44 minutes ago, Cora said:

No, Cora it's not impossible. You are strong and you can do this, but you just have to start taking the right steps. You described it perfectly yourself:

9 hours ago, Cora said:

take some deep breaths and let this go even though it feels like you're not allowed to. Maybe go outside, sit in the sun, feel the wind...j

Come on, you know what this is. You know you have to let it go, regardless of the fact that your mind is screaming at you that this is important and that you are not allowed to. We've been over this many times, you've spoken to many professionals, you know what is happening here. It's just that the distortions created by OCD are strong and you have to work against what you feel and what you believe, which is hard.

On 29/07/2021 at 20:29, malina said:

It's just that the distortions created by OCD are strong and you have to work against what you feel and what you believe, which is hard

It is very hard, @malina. It feels like I'm going insane because I just don't get it why I won't let it go. It's so bad...

2 hours ago, Cora said:

It is very hard, @malina. It feels like I'm going insane because I just don't get it why I won't let it go. It's so bad...

It's because you hae a mental illness. It's like saying why doesn't someone with a broken leg just start walking....they can't do it immediately, they have to let their leg heal, practice, take small steps etc...You can't just let it go, but you can work on it, take steps and practice until you are able to.