How I’m feeling

Hi guys I had some relief last night and today is a new day. I don’t feel as anxious as I did yesterday morning but I still have the worries from my latest bout of worries tumbling around my brain like a washing machine. I can see the clothes through the little window but I’m trying not to focus on what’s what. I think I’m just looking for strength and a green light to say I don’t need to go there. I wish I could do that for myself, hopefully eventually I can. I’m trying not to give the thoughts attention and all the questions etc that they pose.

3 hours ago, Nikki79 said:

... I’m trying not to give the thoughts attention and all the questions etc that they pose.

Good job! That´s the way to go.... practice makes perfect, just try the best to your abilities, it does get better...

31 minutes ago, bahiano said:

Good job! That´s the way to go.... practice makes perfect, just try the best to your abilities, it does get better...

Hi bahiano, I am doing it I really am but it’s not without feeling guilty for doing it and my brain screaming ‘ you can’t just do that!!’

9 minutes ago, Nikki79 said:

Hi bahiano, I am doing it I really am but it’s not without feeling guilty for doing it and my brain screaming ‘ you can’t just do that!!’

OCD wants to keep the upper hand always, the method is not easy, we must just commit and stick to it... I am practicing the same actually... we can overcome this together, as many did before us...

3 minutes ago, bahiano said:

OCD wants to keep the upper hand always, the method is not easy, we must just commit and stick to it... I am practicing the same actually... we can overcome this together, as many did before us...

Ok mate I’m rooting for you ?. We can overcome this, we know what it is and how it works so therefore we can do the right thing as hard as it is. 

1 hour ago, Nikki79 said:

Ok mate I’m rooting for you ?. We can overcome this, we know what it is and how it works so therefore we can do the right thing as hard as it is. 

Yes Nikki we will! We have the best support here! I am currently reading the Brain Lock, great book ??

2 minutes ago, bahiano said:

Yes Nikki we will! We have the best support here! I am currently reading the Brain Lock, great book ??

We do, I have yet to find an experience that has changed me as much as this forum. It’s been fundamental in my understanding and treatment of OCD. I have loads of books on OCD. I’m sure I have Brain Lock somewhere.