Hello everyone,

I tried to sending this message to people that were in the forum I started about racism-themed OCD. I plan to give you guys an update later, but right now I am mildly creeped out by an incident that happened today.

So here's a visual on where everything is. The vertical lines represent a road, and the horizontal dots represent a road. The smiley face is where I am located (I'm facing the road). The car is facing me. The waste basket represents a trash can.

|     |     |

|     |     |

|?|     |

|     |     |

....   ....   ....|     |     |     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ... 

....   ....   ....|     |     |     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ...  

....   ....   ....|     |     |     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....     ....   ....   ....  

|     |     |         ?                                                      ?️           

|     |     |     

|     |     |      

|     |     |      

So i was weeding, and i saw this car that was stopped at where I marked the car, and it kept on slowly moving backward and forward, almost like it was going to park. It then went up at the intersection like it was going to turn (it wasn't there earlier, just a feet or two behind).

Then it went back to its spot to do that weird thing it was doing earlier (almost like they were watching me?)

I didn't hear them honking or saying anything, but it was kinda creepy, so i walked to the trashcan to throw away the weeds I had collected so far, and then the car drove away, passing me and the trashcan. There's not too much traffic on the roads

I hope they just were trying to find something in their car, this is after all a low-traffic area where you can go 25 miles per hour max. But the going back and forth is... strange. When I told one of my grandparents about it, they told me to call the police if it happens again, and that kidnappers do what the car just did.

I'm honestly just mildly afraid (not feeling extreme anxiety or fully convinced about it) that these people know me and think that I am a racist. The car moving did catch my attention, and I was staring at them because the way they were acting with their car was suspicious. I'm almost afraid that they were looking at me or trying to film me, like maybe they thought my reaction was funny? I didn't get a good enough glance at the people inside of the car to know what they were up to though. I honestly don't know that much about these kind of interactions and how they work. Do you guys think the car's behavior was suspicious?

Edited by throwawayacount477

Ask yourself..why are you posting this on an OCD forum?  Why such great lengths to demonstrate visually, the scene?  Why the doubt, the questions, the reassurance seeking from your Grandparents?  I think this demonstrates that the real issue here is on created by your OCD.  Try to let this pass without further rumination or compulsions if you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Caramoole,

Thanks for responding. I'm thinking that my fears about the car might just be my thoughts. Is it possible for me to start a group chat on here? Or maybe a forum but only a few people can see it? There's something really awful that I need to talk about it, but I am very afraid of strangers reading it. Maybe I can send it to only people who responded to the first forum I started?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me :)

Hi.....I'm afraid not :( And we don't encourage people to discuss these issues privately.  Here on the forum we can be sure that the advice and support is accurate.  Your details are completely anonymous so don't be afraid to discuss your fear, whatever it is, here.  I can assure you it won't shock anyone