Terrified of losing loved ones

3 hours ago, ivybasil said:

Hope all goes well tomorrow! The Rescue Remedy sounds like a good idea for that - I sometimes find that feeling like I've done something about the anxiety helps to ease it off a little! 

I'm doing okay, thanks! I'm much more able to keep busy now. I think I still need to book a check-in with my GP but it's so hard to get hold of them and even harder to see one in person at the moment! But I'm coping much better now! :) Thank you!

Aw I know it's really difficult to get a GP appointment at the moment- I hope you can get one soon! That's really good that you're able to do more now and that the anxiety is easing a bit! 

Also thank you- yes I think doing something (e.g. making chamomile tea or taking rescue remedy) when I feel like I have no control over things will help. My Mum was supposed to be having a chest x-ray first to rule out lung cancer (which causes hoarseness) before the referral to rule out other conditions so not sure why it's happened this way round. I'll just have to stop worrying about it until I know more! 

2 hours ago, BelAnna said:

Aw I know it's really difficult to get a GP appointment at the moment- I hope you can get one soon! That's really good that you're able to do more now and that the anxiety is easing a bit! 

Also thank you- yes I think doing something (e.g. making chamomile tea or taking rescue remedy) when I feel like I have no control over things will help. My Mum was supposed to be having a chest x-ray first to rule out lung cancer (which causes hoarseness) before the referral to rule out other conditions so not sure why it's happened this way round. I'll just have to stop worrying about it until I know more! 

And things like making a cup of tea help you take some time to look after yourself too - always much needed when things are difficult! :) Hang in there! You'll get through this.

21 hours ago, ivybasil said:

And things like making a cup of tea help you take some time to look after yourself too - always much needed when things are difficult! :) Hang in there! You'll get through this.

Thank you again Ivybasil :) It's really helped to have the support on this thread as I've been in a huge panic over this since mid-August! 

I'm starting to think I let my family member-focused Health anxiety get away with me a bit! My Mum had a Nasolaryngoscopy today and it showed bruised vocal cords. She still has to have a Lung X-ray to rule out lung cancer and a blood test but it may well be that she just has bruised vocal cords, it's possible the tiredness is unrelated, the blue lips could be unrelated too. Fingers crossed! 

On 02/09/2021 at 15:53, BelAnna said:

Thank you again Ivybasil :) It's really helped to have the support on this thread as I've been in a huge panic over this since mid-August! 

I'm starting to think I let my family member-focused Health anxiety get away with me a bit! My Mum had a Nasolaryngoscopy today and it showed bruised vocal cords. She still has to have a Lung X-ray to rule out lung cancer and a blood test but it may well be that she just has bruised vocal cords, it's possible the tiredness is unrelated, the blue lips could be unrelated too. Fingers crossed! 

Sending all the positive thoughts to you all! :) 

I think it's definitely hard to let go of anxiety for other people! You'll get through this, though! ❤️ 

On 04/09/2021 at 17:30, ivybasil said:

Sending all the positive thoughts to you all! :) 

I think it's definitely hard to let go of anxiety for other people! You'll get through this, though! ❤️ 

Thank you Ivybasil ❤️.

I'm back to feeling anxious at the moment. My Mum's voice seems to be getting progressively more hoarse and she keeps getting what look like cyanotic/blue lips so I'm feeling really scared that it might be lung cancer. She had a blood test this week but doesn't have a date for the chest x-ray yet despite it now being past the fortnight for the two-week referral. :( 

Hi. I suffer with health anxiety over loved ones too. It started when my dad got sick and passed away. I'm in fear of anyone else that I love dying. In a massive state at the moment as my 7 year old son has been complaining of backache. My husband is taking him to be seen by doctors today although doesn't think much wrong with him. So he's now acting on my anxieties I think.

Claire79 and BelAnna. I have been dealing with this type of ocd since the age of 8. I know how scary it is. Like I said previously my experience has taught me never to Google symptoms as it exacerbates the worry and to take everyday as it comes. Try really hard not to ruminate. It will destroy so much happiness if you allow it you. I am 48 now so have gone through so much worry with this disorder and it's stolen so much from me x

On 12/09/2021 at 08:51, Claire79 said:

Hi. I suffer with health anxiety over loved ones too. It started when my dad got sick and passed away. I'm in fear of anyone else that I love dying. In a massive state at the moment as my 7 year old son has been complaining of backache. My husband is taking him to be seen by doctors today although doesn't think much wrong with him. So he's now acting on my anxieties I think.

That must have been so traumatic losing your Dad Claire- I'm so sorry for your loss. 

It makes sense that you fear your other loved ones dying.

I hope your son's GP appointment went okay! 

1 hour ago, MarieJo said:

Claire79 and BelAnna. I have been dealing with this type of ocd since the age of 8. I know how scary it is. Like I said previously my experience has taught me never to Google symptoms as it exacerbates the worry and to take everyday as it comes. Try really hard not to ruminate. It will destroy so much happiness if you allow it you. I am 48 now so have gone through so much worry with this disorder and it's stolen so much from me x

Thank you MarieJo, I'm sorry you've had to cope with this horrible illness for a long time.

The problem is I'm not sure that it's OCD this time because my Mum is still waiting for her chest X-ray for hoarseness and blue lips but my health anxiety does always make me jump to the worst possible conclusion! 

16 hours ago, BelAnna said:

That must have been so traumatic losing your Dad Claire- I'm so sorry for your loss. 

It makes sense that you fear your other loved ones dying.

I hope your son's GP appointment went okay! 

Thank you MarieJo, I'm sorry you've had to cope with this horrible illness for a long time.

The problem is I'm not sure that it's OCD this time because my Mum is still waiting for her chest X-ray for hoarseness and blue lips but my health anxiety does always make me jump to the worst possible conclusion! 

BelAnna I'm sorry your mum is poorly. I think it must be difficult to separate OCD from anxiety that a non-OCD person would have under the same circumstances. How long does she have to wait for the x-ray? Hopefully not too much longer.

My son was seen by a paramedic practitioner in our minor injuries unit as out of hours. Assessed and has been suggested it's just muscular. I'm not Googling at the moment and trying not to catastrophize but it's hard. He's still asking for pain relief at bed time (week after it started), but the paramedic said it could last up to 2 weeks. I think I'll probably feel sick and anxious until the pain goes away.