Relationship OCD

Hi. I hope you're all okay.

I've recently began obsessing over my relationship. I've been with them for almost five years, moved in last December and keep thinking that  anything at all that's remotely negative means I don't love them.

Is there any advice at all on how to deal with this as I know it's intrusive thoughts and not how I actually feel.

Thank you

Hi Someone,

It's not uncommon for OCD to latch onto things that are really important to us, like our relationships, and that is why OCD is such a difficult condition. Overcoming OCD is about applying what you learn in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which teaches us that our thoughts are not unusual, it's the meanings we place on them and our reactions to them. Have you looked into accessing CBT?

A good place to start would be to work out what compulsions you're doing, these could be anything from seeking reassurance from loved ones or online to comparing to other relationship or checking reactions. It is our compulsions that keep our beliefs about our worries high, and it is these that need challenged.

Gemma :)