OCD and Autism

Hi all,

At support group last week someone talked about being diagnosed with autism as well as Ocd. I have since had a Google and I seem to meet a lot of the criteria for autism. Much of my OCD treatment has been unsuccessful and I read a number of articles about girls in their 20s struggling with ocd/depression and only several years later when they are still struggling then medical professionals realising they actually just have autism. If I am correct the treatment for ocd is slightly different for people with autism. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this topic 

Thanks ? 

9 hours ago, Kellyyy said:

Hi all,

At support group last week someone talked about being diagnosed with autism as well as Ocd. I have since had a Google and I seem to meet a lot of the criteria for autism. Much of my OCD treatment has been unsuccessful and I read a number of articles about girls in their 20s struggling with ocd/depression and only several years later when they are still struggling then medical professionals realising they actually just have autism. If I am correct the treatment for ocd is slightly different for people with autism. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding this topic 

Thanks ? 

Hi Kellyyy! Do you have a doctor/therapist at the moment? It sounds like the best thing to do would be to mention this to them :) It's definitely an avenue worth exploring if you have concerns! I have no particular experience, but I know there are a few people on the forums who do! :)