Can Obsessions be about anything with OCD?

Don't laugh or just say its all in my head but for about 3 years now I've had an obsession with my height. I'm a 5ft 4 man who weighs about 10 stone so I am tiny but I just cannot stop thinking about it and 'seeing it everywhere I go.

I try to rarely leave the house now and I try my best to stay off Reddit and other places but now I'm obsessed with whether I have OCD or not because I don't want the pain around my height to be realmif that makes sense

As Caramoole says, OCD can fixate on anything and everything!

I don't know if what you have is OCD or would be BDD which is why it's important to have a trained health professional do a formal assessment to ascertain. The good news is, regardless of it being OCD or BDD both can be treated and are treated using the same set of guidance as dictated in the NICE Guidelines. 

18 hours ago, Jajones7 said:

See this is what I don't understand. Whenever I say I think I have OXD about ,y height people try to diminish it. They tell me its paranoi or body dysmorphia, but then at the same time say that OCD can be about anything?

This is why the importance of getting a formal diagnosis so you know what you are dealing with. 

To explain this which I hope will help. OCD and BDD are part of the same spectrum, the two can be entwined and both could be at play in one person.  Both share the same characteristics of unwanted intrusive thoughts / anxiety and behaviours/rituals/avoidance.    Both are generally treated the same, with CBT (sometimes with medication).

Whilst OCD can be about anything, if the issue is only about the persons own body or part of their body, that is where I believe it's more likely to be BDD.  But remember, I am not a Dr, so this is just a guide that will need formal diagnosis. 

I once read that the sufferers insight with BDD is markedly different between OCD/BDD.   Many with OCD have insight into their condition, only around 2% lacked insight compared to BDD which is up to 40% lacked insight (if I am reading the research correctly).