Is deprevix suitable for OCD?

6 hours ago, thistooshallpass1996 said:

Hi Evi,

I’m on fluoxetine at the moment, however I’d say it’s different from person to person. What works for one person may not work for the other. You’re best off taking your doctor’s/therapist’s advice. It’s trial and error 

Do u think fluoxetine helped u? do u find a difference on your mind status?

3 hours ago, Evi said:

I have not tried CBT and I dont really know who is suitable for this. If u know a good therapist pls let me know!

Are you situataed in the UK? If you're in England then you can get CBT by contacting your local IAPT service, or elsewhere in the UK via your GP.

If you decide to go privately, just make sure they are BABPC accedited. You might find  this   page useful.

Not aware that this drug has any effect upon OCD. GPs should have a book on their desks indicating drugs suitable for all recognised medical conditions. In the U.K. NICE, the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, recommends treatment for OCD based on scientific evidence. The treatments recommended are CBT for OCD and the use of a class of drugs known as SSRIs, fluoxetine is a medicine in this category. Rarely for psychological treatments for mental disorders, CBT for OCD is the sole psychological treatment recommended for OCD. A good account of CBT can be found on this website.

Edited by Angst
On 15/09/2021 at 14:35, Evi said:

Do u think fluoxetine helped u? do u find a difference on your mind status?

I just felt okay. Not overly happy, not overly down. But if you’re struggling then medication won’t be enough on it’s own. You need to speak to someone who knows what they’re talking about