Gabby Petito the young woman missing has OCD

So here in the USA one of the big national news is the search for Gabby Petito.  Many have already blamed her boyfriend.  I have tried to keep an open mind.  People are innocent until proven guilty.   He has shown great patience in the police recording.   It was even her who got physical and gave him some bruises.   And of course she shouldn't have done that. But it doesn't completely absolve him.

But for all my open mindedness and refusal to jump to conclusion about what happened to her or if her boyfriend is really guilty, I can't help but imagine, speculate that maybe her boyfriend got tired of her and her OCD and just did away with her :(   

I hope people out there who are in a relationship with an OCD person is always patient with what we're going through.  I know how tiring it could be.  I know some people who even use to have OCD are impatient with people who still have it.

This is why I celebrate little steps that people make against OCD.  And I'm always patient.  Some people seem to scream at you even through forums, to just do it, get over it, not to think, etc.  Some of these people are people who had OCD themselves.  Good for them that they don't have to deal with it anymore but I always felt there was something violent in the way they're going about it.  Even if it's just words in a forum, even if they're not cussing.  I don't know about you but being rushed or being yelled at does not work for me, and all to often I've found such people I've met in real life suspicious, and often I'm right.  And I don't want to inure myself, to get used to such behaviors and such people.

But i also want to say to those suffering with OCD to please be patient with those around you.  They don't know or may even forget that something is triggering your anxiety at such a high level.  And hopefully your love and understanding will be part of the drive to get well, may even be a direct part of not responding to your OCD.

Good luck everyone.