Oops!, I think I may have 'Bontaminated' my home... And thus, ultimately, everything else today...

Hi everyone... Here's hoping you are all managing to somehow stay relaxed. We have set things up to be really simple over Christmas... Time spent with the grandchildren... Precious minutes whilst they are still small. If it gets a bit stressful, we can step away for a breather! Years ago I would be on 24 hour callout for snow and ice... on ancient tractors and obsolete equipment! Now I am  retired, I can sleep if I need to!  In a moment, I will start to prepare an evening meal of some sort. Something from the freezer... A nice cuppa to relax with. Yes, I've definitely  bontaminated the world, fingerprints all over sellotape and parcels and prezzies. I have a collection of cuddly toys... It is not possible to sanitise them... I 've been booster jabbed. I feel that it is safe, after all, literally millions have  had jabs and been okay as a reult, and if we class that as viable  research, then we can definitively trust immuniation, it is well researched. Not only that, we haven't had to pay for it, unlike prescriptions that are pretty expensive these days.  Okay, enough said about that now.  My friend's book is available on kindle today, and I'm hoping to get a printed copy soon. If it as good as the others are, it should be a really good read... It  is called 'In a nutshell... The concept of 'Bontamination'.  Tomorrow we go out in the car... My wife does all the driving these days... She has always been better at it than me, especially when parking! 

I will try to be on-line over the festive period... Ocd is an absolute pain in the proverbial, the tv will be just as bad as it usually is, but we'ii all get through this somehow...

David

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! 

Well, I kept the cuddly dinosaur! Apparently it was too big for my grand daughter to have in her bed! So now it is a grandson who plays with it when he visits... Anyway, I absolutely adore it myself! And all the other cuddly toys I seem to be amassing!  The Marcus John Kim books are doing well, with the latest only on kindle at present, there are issues around the creation of the cover for the paperback version, which will hopefully be available real soon. (Not in a nutshell, The Concept of Bontamination'.

I am now studying with the open university... Learning about how I became the happy person I am today. I've bought a new mattress, for sleep comfort... I'm hoping it will be okay, cos, there's absolutely no way it will ever go back in the packaging to return it!!!  I got a free pillow with it... That has a label with it that suggests that, for hygiene reasons, I should replace it every two years!!! Now come on... I've had the same pillows for at least the last 15 years!! As long as they keep their springiness, they are fine, and have been, since the day I first slept in a bed with a pillow... 60 plus years... Am I ill? Well, not in that way!!!

A couple of days ago, I had to deliver a car... It meant driving over 200 miles, on my own... Even with the satnav, I still got a bit lost, but still reached my destination safely... There had been no urge to go back and check anything... And the car ran fine... 

Sometimes life seems to be like juggling, trying to keep everything up in the air, for fear of metaphorically smashing something on the floor... But... And it is a big But... Somethings stay up on their own... Metaphorically speaking... Those that don't, bounce gently and land unbroken on the floor along side me, metaphorically speaking... So... To just let go... is absolute bliss... A tremendous sense of relief... And then, without going about trying to remember everything... Without the stress, my memory actually improves... And that is brilliant!

Accept the situation for what it is... Accept ourselves for who we are... And when we self-talk... Do it the same way we would as we do our best friend... Because, we need to be our own best friends... Cos we know ourselves better than anyone else on the planet... 

For my own heart... I know, that I have always tried to do my very best... It's often not good enough for anyone else... But for me... It's okay... Because I know, better than anyone else, what it has taken for me to get where I am today...

More later...

David :) 

Today, it was another long drive... Out and return... 6 hours or so, with half an hour for lunch... In a finger restaurant... You know, the one where everyone orders and pays for food by using touch screens... To be honest, they didn't even look clean... If I consider the idea that, whatever will be present on those touch screens will not be sufficient to overwhelm my natural defences, I'll be okay... Or if it should trigger my natural defences into action, themselves becoming stronger in the process, then that is okay too... In the food court, We all take the same amount of risk. On the credit card reader, there is the numbered buttons, and the enter button that at some point started off green... Thousands of people use these facilities every day... And don't get me started about fuel pumps... Sheer greed by the fuel providers...  The car goes back to the mobility centre on Monday... It is too big for our use, and where we live, parking is at a premium...  We had a couple of our grandchildren visit today... Hyperactive is an understatement!  But they are a welcome event during the weekend. Tomorrow it will be church... I do use the antibacterial gel provided, but have to be careful, cos one plungerfull is enough for four people, and it takes ages to dry off the hands... Things are relaxing a bit now... We don't have to have masks on when sitting down... Ironically, at the motorway services, I was the only guy wearing a mask... But if anyone had said anything, I would have suggested that I had Covid, and I was protecting them... But no one spoke...  Okay, that is it for now... Everytime I close my eyes I see traffic... 

Until tomorrow then... 

David

All books now available on Amazon, one actually in large print... 

It was a visit to a car showroom yesterday... No social distancing, no masks, but they did have antibacterial gel by the door... No coffee though...  Then, as we were having a lift in someone else's car, it was dinner at a restaurant by way of thanks. The knives and forks were not shiny anymore... The food order screen wasn't brilliant... But we coped... Everything was pay by card, which, to be honest, is better for me, as I don't carry change. It weighs the pocket down...  We had cheese sandwiches this evening...

Now, be brutally honest... Do you, or have you ever, in your lifetime... Washed a new pack of cheese before placing it in the fridge? Supermarket cheese tends to come pre-packed in plastic. By the time we get it home, it will have been handled by at least three different people... And that's not including the till operator, who has handled everything... And everyone else's everything... But we don't become ill... If you buy cheese in a frozen food shop, the till operator will probably be wearing wet gloves...

But if we just push the thoughts away... As soon as possible after they enter our mind, metaphorically,  jump up and down on them. Demand that they go away... Fight for our right to be free... We can get away with not washing the pack... Just as we have done so far...  To be honest, I pinch a slice of cheese anyway... Eat it while I'm buttering the bread...  In the 1960's, cooked meats and cheese were weighed on the same weighing scales, separated only by thin sheets of paper. And none of that would have been sterile...  But we've survived... Biologically, we have survived, maybe even got stronger...  Anyway, the cheese was fine, as was the tub of margarine, and the bread, and the fingers I handled it with... 

So... Next time you feel the panic of an Ocd spike, regarding contamination fears, consider the evidence we already have around us, proving that we are not responsible for everyone else's happiness... They are...  We don't blame everyone else... For some reason, we give others all the rights, and ourselves, none of the rights... Let's give ourselves equal rights as  to those we give everyone else... The recording 'Desiderata', by Les Crane, comes to mind here... Check it out on youtube...

David

Well, today I am supposed to be studying... I hate reading... I do so wish that more books were made as audiobooks. Trouble is that, then I fall asleep half way through... I have the fun reputation as the guy who fell asleep and started snoring loudly, in a cinema, during a screening of one of the Harry Potter movies! Apparently I caused quite a stir, and my family now flatly refuse to go to a cinema with me!  As a student, I am soon  going to make a study visit to a medical library... Are all the books sanitized? What, all 500,000 of them? People will pick their noses in libraries, just as they do, everywhere else... In an ice rink, I have seen people, after a skating session, remove their skates, take off the thick socks, and put them in their pocket, and lace up their outdoor shoes to go home... Carrying their wet skates by the blades, Without a moments thought... My CBT therapist had a good one, he would remove his shoe, place his bare hand flat inside, then have an apple for lunch... The thought absolutely makes my skin crawl, but he never missed an appointment due to illness... I'm not for a moment suggesting that we try to do the same, but, if that is safe for others, then, just maybe, what we actually fear, is probably safe too? At least we are 'reasonably clean'. Okay, time for a Coffee, in my not so perfect insulated beaker. Now that definitely isn't going to be sterile...

David