Does OCD manifest in anger??

Hi again

Just a question, can intrusive thoughts happen in anger as well.

Alot of times earlier, whenever i was angry or irritated on a female character in tv or real life. I used to have a really sexually intrusive thought about them. It used to get me really anxious - instant regret and guilt. But I used to move ahead without making a fuss about it - "it is just a thought"

But today, while having an argument with my mom, my anger peaked and i had that same thought. That very second i stopped it. I did not even let it complete. But the damage was done. It was really painful and stressing. 

I know people have a lots of violent thoughts while angry but not even in my wildest dreams i could say something like that to my mother or anyone else.

If it was any normal occasion,  i would have dismissed this as obsession. But it happened in anger. 

Is this an obsession or some other issue??

Hi Anonanon,

Any emotion or event can trigger an unwanted (intrusive) thought, including anger. There doesn't even have to be a trigger, unwanted thoughts can just pop into your head for no reason at all.

Whatever triggers them, however they happen, the treatment is the same.

1. Recognise it as 'just a thought'

2. don't give it any meaning or significance

and 3.  get on with your day without doing anything to try to make the thought go away, or make any attempt to neutralise it, or punish yourself because it's been there.