Help I've gone backwards

Hi everyone

Was done so well then WHAM gone backwards    

Worry about Covid  contamination on clothes after sitting down somewhere inside or outside, touching items in shops or when home delivered, showers taking half an hour,  hanging clothes when returning home, etc

I'm so fed up

15 hours ago, Tim Moran said:

A quote from ali greymond that helps me with compulsions checking etc. "When you are going through an ocd spike, let it pass, don't force it out, give no energy towards it. Try watching her videos on you tube. God Bless.

Thank you i will take a look 

On 02/10/2021 at 17:56, Lollipop said:

Can you go back to where you started doing the exposures and go from there? Hopefully be able to move through quicker and easier second time around to take back the ground.

I'll give it a go  thanks 

Hi there... Maybe I have just given myself permission to actually let go of the compulsion to sterilise everything... To let go, and just let it be so... Maybe this could sort of 'short circuit', trip up, or disarm my intrusive thoughts and compulsion to worry about what is on say... That door handle... That chair... My clothes... It won't always work for me, but perhaps this is a pensive step in the right direction for me/us... It's a start... Let me try this today... My son has asked me to go and sort out his toilet cistern valve... It is making so much noise that he cannot sleep in his flat... Wish me luck...

David

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying    I'm at the stage where I'm watching others and thinking they aren't bothered about touching things or changing clothes etc so why should I be bothered    Its just the letting go is so hard   

Good luck with the cistern