Gut and heart pain in ocd

Hiii all

I hope you all are fine. I am taking therapy now and it us helping me alright. But i just came across a doubt that is sticking with me. 

I suffer from various themes of ocd and my worst one is pocd and false memories.

This theme was on hold for some time but it relapsed just yesterday. 

Although medications have controlled my physical symptoms but they come along sometimes.

This morning, my mind was flooded by these thoughts and it was killing me. I controlled and controlled. But suddenly , a memory struck me. I know nothing of this sort happened but still it disturbed me. It started as a mild one and then kept on changing forms . My heart palpations started slowly , peaked and then suddenly declined. Same with my gut. 

Unfortunately, i went on the internet. They told me if gut feeling is instantaneous than it means it is true else it is anxiety. It disturbed me further more. 

I just want to ask - Should i really trust my gut and heart on this one. 

Please help.

1 hour ago, Anonanon said:

Unfortunately, i went on the internet

:wontlisten: Oh dear. At least you'll know better next time!

1 hour ago, Anonanon said:

I just want to ask - Should i really trust my gut and heart on this one

:confused1:  Quite apart from the fact this is blatant reassurance seeking, I'm actually not sure what you think your heart and gut are telling you!

But you should be able to answer it for yourself, knowing that the memory was meaningless and the anxiety you felt was unnecessary.

Remember - the anxiety is real (the physical symptoms are real), but what brings it on is from OCD and doing compulsions.

Hi @snowbear

Thanks for your reply

I know it might seem like reassurance but believe me when i say that this is a genuine doubt.

40 minutes ago, snowbear said:

I'm actually not sure what you think your heart and gut are telling you!

I feel that my gut is doing so to tell me that my thought maybe true. That i may have done something in my 17s that is unspeakable and forgot about me. 

This heart pain used to happen earlier in the same way. But it subsided for some time. But from yesterday, it has returned back.

Can we trust our gut and heart in OCD.

14 hours ago, Anonanon said:

I feel that my gut is doing so to tell me that my thought maybe true.

This is OCD thinking, giving meaning to something so that the explanation fits with your worry.

In short - nonsense. You're being misled by your OCD.

14 hours ago, Anonanon said:

Can we trust our gut and heart in OCD.

It's not your heart and gut you're putting your trust in though is it? It's the interpretation your brain has made about what those gut and heart symptoms mean.

So the simple answer is no!  Whenever OCD thinking is involved you can't trust the conclusions you come to at all.

Or as the other bear on here (Polar Bear) famously says - OCD always lies!

Thanks a lot for your help @snowbear

In this problem , we cannot even trust our own body. But only thing i can do is sit back and watch all these things go. I am trying to do ERP at my home and i think this is the first thing to overcome -Uncertainity in my body symptoms.