Doubt about religious OCD

Hi all

Recently i started having intrusive thoughts about god, although they were disturbing but i managed them. But suddenly yesterday, i encountered a thought so vulgar and gruesome that it shattered me. I tried to avoid it as much as possible but still can't do it. It is coming back to me again and again. 

The more i try to let it be , the more it changes forms. It feels like i am the one helping this thought go further. It causes me great distress. It is making my life hell and i fear divine punishment. 

Should i just ignore this thought

or

should i stop this thought whenever it tries to come forward

or

should i try something else Because i tried both these techniques - no help.

Please help.

Your OCD gets worse and worse. I think you really need to take a step back.

You still seem to not understand how OCD works. It doesn't matter what your OCD is about. And yeah, it will shift. Sometimes you'll have OCD about illnesses and sometimes about your sexuality. And here and then about other silly stuff.

You need to STOP going into detail with the things OCD throws at you. Don't focus on the thoughts! You really need to stop it. Try to tackle OCD itself! Focus on the thrower! It doesn't matter what your theme is about. The only thing that matters, is that you're able to identify the OCD parts in all of this. Only then you'll be able to get better against your OCD.

We'll give you reassurance, and you'll move the matter to something else at some point. Where will it end? Why you don't simply try to see OCD for what it is: As a psychological illness, that poisons your thought processes, by making you constantly over-think everything?

Hi there...  I sometimes think I hear swear words when sitting listening to a sermon... As to why, I don't know... If I try to stop them, they get worse! Maybe 'God' isn't radical enough to mind... The way mankind is treating the world, I guess it is surprising we haven't had another biblical style flood... With a thought about us visiting other worlds... If we knew about how they had tarnished their world, would we be pleased to welcome them here? In the past Martians were always baddies...  We are human and fallible... It could be that, at some point in their lives, Everyone gets similar thoughts, although I guess few would openly admit to doing so... Especially people with vivid imaginations... 

David

Hi all

thank you so much for all your help. I am late in my response but I want to inform you that since the day i posted, i felt free from this OCD web until now. So that was a win.

@discuccsant Your hard approach always seems to work on me . Thnk you so much for always being there

@Dakagraphics-David Thing you just said makes a lot of sense and i do think that god is the kindest soul out there. Now, i dont ask for forgiveness compulsively and just pray at the start and end of the day.