Mechanic in stress and spiraling

Hi everyone hope your as well as can be, I'm in a spiral today I can't shake, woke up very wired and anxious... not sure why probably the usual sleep deprived, stress of daily life, worried if the sponge in the sink has been used with bleach and so on to clean, but sorry I digressed, Im suffering massively with a job I'm doing today wiring some heavy duty cable to battery and around and engine bay.

I had a pinching sensation on my finger and there's not even a drop of blood, but with my ocd it automatically kick starts into fluid injection from something in the engine bay which I'm almost 100% certain is fine, but convincing my anxiety and ocd I'm going to be fine is nigh on impossible, having thoughts like I need to rind my wife and say goodbye because Diesel injected into blood I know is a 1 way ticket off this planet, any ideas on how to get on top of this would be massively appreciated thanks Liam.

Sorry you're having a tough day.  Dark, winter days don't help.

Your brain has pulled itself into rumination.  Do your best to stop the internal conversation.  I know it's difficult & it will keep pulling you back in but do your best.  Same with checking your finger.  Remind yourself that OCD is the cause and compulsions are making it more intense.  Good Luck :)