how can i stop this

since I found out I had this disease, I looked for signs of it in childhood and found it.  It is difficult for me to get out of the routine and I feel that something bad will happen and I will lose everything I love, I am extremely dependent on everything except myself, I can not stop these thoughts and I spend so many hours daily doing the routine that  If something bad happens, I think it's stupid, but I can not stop it, I started drug treatment but it did not work.

im 25 and realllllyyyy tired of this :(

Hi Gel & :welcome: to the forum.  I'm sorry to hear you're struggling

First point being that OCD isn't a disease but an anxiety disorder, one that responds well to treatment.  Unfortunately medication doesn't cure OCD.  For some it may help to lessen the intensity of thoughts, for others it does little....... but it should be used in conjunction with CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

OCD often starts in childhood where rituals are created to deal with anxiety.  These rituals are carried out to try and make the sufferer feel safe, to bring the anxiety down.  These are called compulsions and are the thing that maintains OCD.  As you've found you're still using these in adulthood, sadly they don't work.  A sufferer feels compelled to do these things but it's fear (and a rise in anxiety) that causes this.  We can stop doing them but are frightened to do so.  The best course of action is to work with a  CBT therapist who can help us to understand why we think as we do, why we use rituals and a plan to change these behaviours.  Has this ever been recommended to you?

@Caramoole Thank you for the welcome, it is an honor for me♥️

I changed 3 therapists! cuz they suggest medication in the first session, and I was afraid of taking the drug and thought I should not become addicted to the drug at this age!! until the symptoms became very annoying and I trusted the last therapist.  and now I have been taking Asentra for 2 months.

none of them suggested me about CTB, although I insist on psychoanalytic sessions and I follow the sessions.

Thank you for your attention and reply i appreciate ♥️

9 hours ago, gel said:

none of them suggested me about CTB, although I insist on psychoanalytic sessions and I follow the sessions.

Ah......I notice you are in Iran.  In the UK we always use CBT, a psychological therapy rather than psychoanalysis. I don't know how much it's used in your country.  There are also some excellent self-help books that can be used very succcessfully on your own.  Two in particular are Break Free From OCD Available Here at Amazon or OCD, Anxiety, Panic Attacks and related Depression Available Here  Also, the forum here offers good support and advice for self-help.

Perhaps you could share how your OCD affects you, what type of rituals you are doing etc if you feel able.

As for your English.....It's just fine.  I have complete admiration for people who  can communicate so well in another language.  I couldn't :)

4 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Ah......I notice you are in Iran.  In the UK we always use CBT, a psychological therapy rather than psychoanalysis. I don't know how much it's used in your country.  There are also some excellent self-help books that can be used very succcessfully on your own.  Two in particular are Break Free From OCD Available Here at Amazon or OCD, Anxiety, Panic Attacks and related Depression Available Here  Also, the forum here offers good support and advice for self-help.

Perhaps you could share how your OCD affects you, what type of rituals you are doing etc if you feel able.

As for your English.....It's just fine.  I have complete admiration for people who  can communicate so well in another language.  I couldn't :)

so i should ask my therapist about it , and i’m gonna find these books for sure .

thank you for being nice to me?♥️ i cant have conversations about this with anyone and im really happy to join the forum.

i will share my state for sure?