A daunting question

Hi all

This is a genuine doubt and i just want to know that how should i deal with it or is it normal

Some thoughts or ideas may not cause any anxiety and some cause tremendous pain.

I am sure that i dont one neither of them. I want to do neither of them. But it confuses me - does the first one(no anxiety) means i am in denial of this idea and like it.

How do i know that this idea is not in my nature and does not signify my sexual inclination.

This confuses me. 

Thanks in advance

On 23/10/2021 at 20:23, PolarBear said:

Beating around the bush a bit. I don't quite understand what you are saying. 

Writing down your thoughts, or at least giving us a basic idea, means nothing. 

Ditto!  You need to take a deep breath & explain :) That in itself is one step forward

Hi, 

it sounds like what you are saying is some thoughts cause you more anxiety than others, which makes you worry about the one that doesn’t. 

I can relate to that. There’s no logical reason why a thought might cause more distress than the other, it’s just the meaning you place on it. For example, I can think about harming someone without feeling uncomfortable because for me, that’s just not a trigger. It doesn’t mean I want to do it or like it, because I definitely don’t. But I place no meaning on it, therefore no anxiety response