Tolerating Uncertainty

I have been struggling to tolerate uncertainty. To start this discussion, I have checked over and over again and again to see what may go wrong.  At some point, I know I must move forward and press the submit button.  So here I go......

I have struggled with that as well.  OCD exaggerates our worst fears.  One of mine is about making mistakes, so I have a tendency to re-read things and double-check things.  One way I'm challenging the OCD is by refusing to re-read things I've written.  Sometimes I think I need to be comfortable with the idea that sometimes I might make mistakes.

Thank you friends for the above replies.  BelAnna, yes I am in therapy now.  Ups and Downs, thankyou for your helpful reply, I echo your thoughts.  Challenging the OCD bully is one thing I am working hard on myself.  The OCD bully was telling me I had written a load of nonsense and that I would be thrown  off the internet.  I am going to click the submit button with a higher level of confidence this time.  

Good for you.  When I was doing therapy, I received a questionnaire to fill out each week and it would make me ages to submit it in case I'd selected the wrong answer.  Thought it was a mean thing to do to someone with OCD :D 

• 1 month later...

Update on this topic.  I am making progress :cheers:.  I have done some new things recently.  Got new energy smart meters fitted and done two Amazon orders.  Both involving lots of form filling.  Before I did my CBT therapy, these things would have involved endless repeat checking over and over and over.........and over.  However, I managed to do both of these tasks with a vastly reduced amount of checking.  Slowly the compulsion to check over and over is diminishing.

Three cheers for CBT ?