OCD-UK Annual Conference 2021 - Virtual

1004886334_conferencedesk.thumb.jpg.64df6f8e3f7fc7ef58aa18f0a39148c8.jpg

OCD-UK are hosting their annual conference online again this year on 27th and 28th November and registration is now open. We have presentations on the cognitive side of therapy, why compulsions are so compelling, OCD and autism and many many more. Register for each presentation here https://www.ocduk.org/conference/conferences-across-the-uk/2021-virtual/

We look forward to seeing you there!

14 hours ago, snowbear said:

Have registered for a few talks already, but no blue registration button on the page for the Q&A with the 2 profs. :(

Hi snowbear,

Because the Q&A with Prof Adam Radomsky and Prof Paul Salkovskis is for member's only, members need to email conference@ocduk.org to receive the registration link. But I might add it to the member's area of the forum later to make it a little easier for members on the forum :)

Gemma

Just to say to anybody that does find themselves with spare time tomorrow and want to watch a presentation 'live' you can register for any of the talks right up to the last moment, subject to the Zoom 500 capacity, but none are near that.

We have lots of different presentation taking place all through the weekend, but don’t worry if you can’t attend, the majority will be recorded and made freely available on our website by the end of December.  If you would like to attend ‘live’ then you will need to register for each presentation that you wish to view. 

• Simply visit: https://www.ocduk.org/conference/conferences-across-the-uk/2021-virtual/
  • Click into each room illustrated in our virtual hotel map and view the list of presentations listed in that virtual conference room.  
  • If there is one of interest click the link for that presentation and then click the blue ‘register’ button where you will be taken to a Zoom page to add your name and email address, Zoom will send you a confirmation email (check junk folders for these)
  • On the day/time of the presentation, simply click the link in the Zoom email to access the webinar at the exact start time.
  • The presentations will be Zoom webinars so only the host and speaker will be viewable on screen.  Delegates watching will be able to watch and type questions in the Q+A box for the speaker.  We will do our best to answer as many questions as the time slot allows.
  • Any problems email conference@ocduk.org and we will try and answer as quickly as we can.  We are small team and have a hectic conference weekend so we may not be able to answer quickly over the weekend, but will do our best.  I wont be able to monitor this thread either during the conference so please email.

Hi all, 

I am relatively new to OCD UK and accessing the forum, although I have had OCD for many years. But I just wanted to say how useful I found the conference over the last two days- the presentations were very informative and I’m feeling motivated to put some of the advice we received into action. 
Thank you for organising, it was so helpful. 

• Ashley unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Ashley said:

We're delighted to publish the first of the conference recordings. 'The relationship between OCD and Perfectionism (and does it matter?)' presented by Professor Roz Shafran and Gil Barton.

Click here to watch: https://ocduk.org/conference/conferences-across-the-uk/2021-virtual/main/ocd-and-perfectionism/

image.png

I just watched this and it’s so helpful. Thank you so much!