Local Mental Health Services

So a few weeks ago, my mental health got so bad that I almost commited suicide. Ever since, it's been a constant thought in my head and my mental health is declining.

I went to A+E and the mental health nurses there were fantastic and referred me to all the major mental health services in my area.

However, 3 out of 4 have told me that I do not 'fit their category' for any support or that they believe that I have no need for said support, and have left me with nothing, not even a plan to contact any other services. And final one has yet to get back to me but they may not be able to help or support me in the way that I need. 

I get the mental health services are suffering, before and during Covid, and they have limited capacity for those they can support, but it feels like a slap in the face to essentially be told I'm not 'sick enough' or suffering the right problems to be seen by the services or receive any form of help (I understand that may not be the case but it's what it feels like).

Apologies for this rant but I needed to get it off my chest. 

Edited by snowbear
Trigger warning removed - we don't use them

Hi Winter1

You are absolutely right. It is ridiculous that the criteria for assistance is now so high. It has been an accelerating problem for a long time with community mental teams, for example, prematurely jettisoning people into primary care. And as we know primary care has insufficient resources to deal with the influx as well as the steady stream of new cases. With many GPs and their teams lacking time and expertise to deal with the resulting case loads.  Also psychiatric bed capacity is well over 100% with people on leave to test their ability to live independently having their beds taken by new patients and the extensive use of private hospitals. Escalating criteria for social care has followed a similar pattern. On an individual level, you might try one of the advocacy organisations to see if they can help you get some medical resources and support.