Magical thinking ..scared

As a lot of you know, my OCD focuses on Magical Thinking and that if I take part in my hobby (learning Korean) something bad will happen. God will punish me if I do it.

I've been working with a therapist - but finished the course of CBT now. I have finally plucked up the courage to start learning Korean again. When I was learning the other night I thought 'What if I learn this and my abusive ex contacts me again'

My ex hasn't contacted me for 6 months and BAM contacted me after I did some studying. Did my thoughts cause this to happen? Did doing my hobby cause this to happen?

It's really a knock back because something I feared happened. I wonder if anyone has advice?

thank you so much

Because thoughts don't affect the world. At all. It's magical thinking, which has no basis in reality. 

Your mind is trying to connect two totally separate things. They aren't connected, except in your head. 

I've heard of these coincidences scores of times. None of them are real. They never involve things like, I got a thought that I won the lottery so I bought a ticket snd won the lottery. 

Leave it alone and get on with your day.