Hypersensitive to everything you do?

Hello,

Anyone extra alert to every movement you make or type of movement you make - Is this bad/dangerous/is this ok/is this too much or too little.  it’s most likely normally but your mind or intrusive thoughts are telling you it’s not or it’s bad or dangerous but then because it’s so normal you do it but then feel guilty afterwards?

Examples

- greeting someone with a hug -intrusive thought comes in - don’t do, it may  be wrong  but you do it because it’s a normal thing to do but then afterwards thinking where exactly were my arms how close was  when I hugged this person ect

- Soothing your baby, if it’s by rocking them as you normally do and/or trying different methods naturally whilst soothing because that’s what we do however one method is slightly different and triggers your thoughts but then you continue and/or double check what you’re doing is ok for baby but then after you feel guilty for doing anything in the first place or double checking everything is ok?? 

I’m really struggling - what is the way out here? To continue doing exactly what you’d normally do and not let the thoughts mean anything ? The one that gets me the most is anything to do with a significant loved one like my beautiful baby or husband or siblings - I can cope with most things but anything related to a loved one is the worst.

Is there anyone out there going through something similar and any new mums who are going though something similar?

This type of ocd is new to me well it’s just a different sub type I’m so used to contamination fears but since I’ve given birth it’s now changed I feel awful. My contamination ocd was so strong I’d be fearful of going into shops to pay for things in case I somehow pass covid onto the shop assistants who be at tills. 

Edited by M238

yes, I have the same! it's terribly exhausting! I never had such problems before! I have a child too. Sometimes I generally behave like a robot, trying to control absolutely everything! Now I change my thinking, and every time I remind myself that this is just another obsession, I try not to react.

7 minutes ago, Katrin1994 said:

yes, I have the same! it's terribly exhausting! I never had such problems before! I have a child too. Sometimes I generally behave like a robot, trying to control absolutely everything! Now I change my thinking, and every time I remind myself that this is just another obsession, I try not to react.

Hi @Katrin1994 I’m sorry you’re going through this too - it’s awful for me so I can understand what it may be like for you.

I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable talking about it but if you ever want to connect my inbox is open.

My problem is dealing with the guilt afterwards especially when it concerns my child - what ifs why did x happen what if this ect ect