Very strange question!

Hello All,

Coming here to see if anyone else experiences this..

I was doing really well today, got myself in check and was dealing with my ocd/anxiety by accepting any thoughts and not paying attention to them.. 

Until this evening - I was cuddling up  to my bubba (one of my hands were on his tummy area already) and at the same time I was scrolling down Instagram and saw a post about labour and breast stimulation..

Automatically my anxiety came in and I got super anxious about where my hands were at the time and my anxiety rose - One of my fingers then may have moved slightly or pressed down slightly on his tummy..can’t fully remember but feels like This happened  .. I then got so so anxious this happened - now siting here questioning why ? 

now my question is - has anyone experienced anxiety levels to be SO high that when you experience a possible trigger, you want to remain so so still that you end up moving a finger or a toe or something else that can be related back to the trigger? This then in turn makes you question why you moved x part of your body - but really it was just a minor detail and there isn’t an answer it’s merely because you’re so anxious trying not to move and deliberating  where your hands are at the time in a highly anxious state because you don’t want to do any wrong.

I must be sounding crazy but will be good to see if other people have experienced something similar !

Thanks

3 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Very common experience :) Question is.....What now?  Having got the reassurance it's unlikely you'll feel any long lasting relief......so what do you feel you should be looking at to try and improve the long term situation?

@Caramoolereminding myself this is ocd. There was no intent and no meaning and move on.
My body/mind is in hyper awareness mode and I’m worried about any potential danger - this post was somehow a trigger for my ocd - so I’m going to be hypersensitive to everything at that moment. And so what if my finger moved slightly or if I breathed in or out or if my toe moved - it means nothing.