Progressively getting angrier

My son has just been diagnosed with ocd. Over a week ago he went into crisis and that is when we discovered it was ocd.  He washes his hands and face and body all day long.  He is now washing his hands and cannot take a break to take his sertraline   My question is with each day he is getting more and more aggressive. At first he was upset with himself and his tasks.  Now he is shouting at me all day and banging doors   Whilst washing his hands. How do I calm him down? Is this aggression part of ocd ? 

No, not at all.  His anger is out of frustration, anxiety, hopelessness etc etc.  That said, it's not acceptable that he is behaving like this towards you all day in your home.  You do need to communicate this to him in a calm, non-confrontional way but make it known that whist understanding how distressed he must feel, this can't continue.  How old is your Son?

Thank you for your response.  He is 16. When he gets like this he cannot hear me and just gets worse and worse   I have tried to say that I am trying to understand and that it is unacceptable to shout and swear But then he carries on. It does eventually stop but only after a good solid several hours.  Then it reappears again