Christmas terror

16 minutes ago, Phili said:

Does anyone else get gripped by terror when Christmas arrived and you know it’s going to end?

Yes I do :( Christmas is so difficult when you have a mental health issue but I’m here if you need to talk during the day, I just keep thinking next year I’ll make changes so my OCD will be better hopefully :) you’ve got this I promise!! It’s nearly 1 and the day will be over soon, keep being strong you’ve got this 

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hope you're ok Phili?  As the afternoon been a little kinder for you?

No. It’s like, on the run up to Christmas, I hyper focus, I have stuff to do, to prepare and then it’s like time kind of stops and then when Christmas comes, I’ve nothing to focus on anymore and I realise time will start again 

1 hour ago, Phili said:

No. It’s like, on the run up to Christmas, I hyper focus, I have stuff to do, to prepare and then it’s like time kind of stops and then when Christmas comes, I’ve nothing to focus on anymore and I realise time will start again 

There's a positive to take from that Phili.

You feel better mentally when you're busy in a structured way.

Let's take that knowledge and use it to put more structure into your days. Get into the habit of keeping to a regular timetable with one or two objectives to achieve before a set bedtime. Imagine it's Christmas Eve every single day!

Then when you wake up you have another 'Christmas Eve' with things to do before your set bedtime and so on...

If you have no structure at the best of times and then have a 'day off' it's not surprising to feel lost. When you have routine to your life the occasional days off (like Christmas and holidays) become a pleasureable change of routine rather than a hole you don't know how to fill.

Let's get a plan in place and start getting more routine  and structure into your days! :xmas_smile: