Feeling horrible tonight

2 hours ago, Jan111 said:

Does anyone have any tips that make them feel better?

Yes. Stop doing what you've always done and do something different. 

Sufferers get caught up in endless compulsions. Every time an obsession rises, they go back to learned behavior and do compulsions. But they don't do any good. They cause more distress, more anxiety, more doubt and more obsessions. Sufferers actually feel worse doing compulsions. 

Do something different. Try. And try again. 

Instead of sitting there ruminating or doing a bunch of physical compulsions, which do no good, get up, go for a walk and focus on what you see. Read a book. Watch a comedy. Talk to someone about anything except your OCD. Go gor a run. Do some exercise.

Just do something other than what you usually do.

Oh I see what you mean! This is what I meant by any tips to make them feel better. I know sitting thinking and being in a rut is bad. I am finding doing anything else hard at the moment so I thought if others could talk about what they do we could all share tips of something to go and do. For example make a drink and report back here we did that one thing. It’s nice not to feel so lonely

15 minutes ago, Jan111 said:

Oh I see what you mean! This is what I meant by any tips to make them feel better. I know sitting thinking and being in a rut is bad. I am finding doing anything else hard at the moment so I thought if others could talk about what they do we could all share tips of something to go and do. For example make a drink and report back here we did that one thing. It’s nice not to feel so lonely

Hi Jan! Welcome, I'm so glad you found this place! I'm pretty new here too and it's a great community.

Personally, I find watching cute animal videos--particularly stories of people with particularly strong and loving bonds to their pets--to be amazing for giving me some warm, cozy feelings. Check out "The Dodo" channel on YouTube, they have endless lovely videos!

14 hours ago, Caramoole said:

Hi Jan and :welcome: to the forum

It's easy to overlook & forget that someone may be new to all this OCD stuff.......you'll have to forgive us :) Hopefully you can share a bit about your problems and we can give you some pointers

Hello! No worries. Yeah I’m hoping this will help me. It’s really difficult to see the end when your mind is telling you there is no end. I’m trying to get up and move about and do little things but I just find myself upset all the time wanting the old me back. 

14 hours ago, Saffron37 said:

Hi Jan! Welcome, I'm so glad you found this place! I'm pretty new here too and it's a great community.

Personally, I find watching cute animal videos--particularly stories of people with particularly strong and loving bonds to their pets--to be amazing for giving me some warm, cozy feelings. Check out "The Dodo" channel on YouTube, they have endless lovely videos!

Hey! Thanks for the recommendation I’ll give that a go today as I’m really struggling. Hope you’re okay