Worries of myself in a situation with a friend

It’s a long story but to shorten it, I met a friend that was from a dating app and we aren’t in a “relationship” but friendly. They came back to Around where I live and wanted to meetup and spend time. Being they were away from home for a few months and just came back, we planned to meet two days ago. But they texted me they got Covid and told me the day before testing and the day of testing and then told me that they think they got it from there family and we’re still talking and having good chats and I just worried that they wanted to flake on me so they lied, tho Covid is brutal here in Long Island New York. We mainly text don’t really talk on phone. I think they care about me but I’m worried that they 

1- lied about Covid to like I said avoid hanging out last minute, despite excited talks before that. 

2- are using me now for attention and a little money given in the past, tho not much at all over many many months because of what the old “friend” did $40,000.00 in 8 months. 

3- don’t care about me because there lying they had Covid last minute to not hangout and use me