Post your favorite distracting movies, books, music, shows, etc!

Hey everybody! I thought it might be nice to start a thread where we all post whatever helps us distract from OCD/anxiety and generally feel nice. :) I tend to go for light, entertaining, feel-good types of things.

Recommendations:

The Dodo youtube channel, lots of wonderful and heartwarming videos about animals and their humans. One of my favorites: 

I also really enjoy the programs RuPaul's Drag Race, The Good Place, Ted Lasso, Great British Baking show, and a lot more. How about everyone else? 

15 hours ago, Saffron37 said:

Oh my gosh Hedgehog I love Brooklyn 99. I'll have to check out Superstore! ?

Yes, do it is SO good!! Similarly funny. Let me know what you think!! Kim's Convenience is also funny!! And Schitt's Creek.  We pretty much only watch Netflix.

"Don't look up" is totally different to the comedies above but is really good, and "Stay Close" is a really good drama.

Jane the Virgin is good too if you haven't seen it yet!

"Love on the Spectrum" and "The Undateables" are heartwarming. I didn't want to watch The Undateables at first because of the title, but actually everyone is presented in a lovely way and I guess the title challenges some people's negative beliefs and shows everyone is dateable and able to find love. It's really nice :) 

Edited by Hedgehog

First dates makes me happy but my go to show is this show on Netflix called Crash Landing on You, its on Netflix but it’s my go to show when I’m down and it’s a K-drama (so much better then Uk shows) you won’t regret watching it ☺️

An excellent musical treat last night on BBC4 (in association with Radio 2).  It was a recordiing of a BBC acoustic concert by Simple Minds.  Featured many of their classic 80's hits and some newer ones.

In terms of a distraction from my OCD it was a major lift to me.  I floated off to bed and slept like a log without a care in the world.

Moved thus over here folks.  We've always been quite strict about keeping the OCD Support forum for OCD topics only, more light-hearted subjects in the Members section of the forum.  Currently we still have the Lockdown forum where we can pop them :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watched that Howard. Thanks I really enjoyed it.  Its not lighthearted but it is fantastically distracting because it's so brilliantly written and absorbing and this is an audio version of To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and read fantastically by Sissy Spacek.

I've only got one more of those heart warming music vids(saved). I think they are emotional but ultimately uplifting.

It's Aretha Franklin singing You me feel like a Natural Women, with poignancy to the Obamas and Carole King.

4 hours ago, howard said:

I've only got one more of those heart warming music vids(saved). I think they are emotional but ultimately uplifting.

It's Aretha Franklin singing You me feel like a Natural Women, with poignancy to the Obamas and Carole King.

OMG Howard, what a voice, what a song, what talent.  That was stupendous. Thanks a million.:hug:

Edited by bendylouise
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a few writers who can completely distract me, mainly because of their unique perspectives and insights into the human condition.

One is Borges and another is Oscar Wilde>         

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!

Some kill their love when they are young,
And some when they are old;
Some strangle with the hands of Gold:
The kindest use a knife, because
The dead so soon grow cold.