Hi everybody, today unfortunately hasn’t been the best of days :( at my doctors surgery I was meant to see the mental health practitioner last Friday in  regards to a check up as well as to talk about possible medication. However she never ended up calling me…. Of course I called the surgery up and the mental health practitioner had gone home. So I called on Monday this week and told them the situation and booked me on for this Friday (so today) and the mental health practitioner didn’t call me again :( I just called up the surgery I’m signed up too and she told me she did get through to everybody as the list was only small and I should’ve been seen last week. I feel so heartbroken as I’ve been trying to get through this week waiting for my CMHT appointment and for a review which should’ve been weeks ago now. They never got back to me despite knowing how vulnerable I’ve been. It’s like I’m running on adrenaline at this point. Of course it’s left me scared so If anybody has any advice on what I can do and how I can be seen by the CMHT as it’s only a medication talk to be given Anafranil, I would really appreciate it :) 

Edited by Summer9173

Hi @Summer9173 I'm so sorry you're having such difficulty getting the help you need. 

I got the prescription for my Sertraline just from my GP - is that an option for you to get the medication quicker? He just took me at my word that I had OCD, super easy and it has really helped me. He also suggested I self-refer to iapt. I do of course think it would be best to see your CMHT team as well though, this suggestion is just in case it means you get the medication with less palaver. 

Well done on staying strong and continuing to persevere with your recovery. 

You're never alone in this. It might feel like it sometimes, but reading the forum helps us realize there are lots of people like us who have managed to overcome our OCD, and we can do it too ?

Stay strong, you're seeking help, you're going to have a wonderful bright future. 

?

On 22/01/2022 at 17:27, Hedgehog said:

Hi @Summer9173 I'm so sorry you're having such difficulty getting the help you need. 

I got the prescription for my Sertraline just from my GP - is that an option for you to get the medication quicker? He just took me at my word that I had OCD, super easy and it has really helped me. He also suggested I self-refer to iapt. I do of course think it would be best to see your CMHT team as well though, this suggestion is just in case it means you get the medication with less palaver. 

Well done on staying strong and continuing to persevere with your recovery. 

You're never alone in this. It might feel like it sometimes, but reading the forum helps us realize there are lots of people like us who have managed to overcome our OCD, and we can do it too ?

Stay strong, you're seeking help, you're going to have a wonderful bright future. 

?

Thank you so much for your kind reply @Hedgehog, I don’t know why it’s so difficult accessing help from the crisis team but maybe it is my area perhaps :( as for Anafranil because it’s an older anti-depressant, my doctor said it has to be prescribed by the CMHT as he can’t prescribe them - I’m not 100% why but I respect his decision :) your reply really did give me hope and made me smile as I was struggling this evening so thank you so much!! I feel like there’s a long way to go with the mental health system in the UK, I’m hoping we get there soon.