New OCD Theme

This is most likely similar to the one I posted on November (sorry to those who I didn't reply, I come online from time to time now and I feel so overwhelmed to reply atm...)

I'm suffering from so much anxiety when things are not tidy or clean and I'm the messiest person ever so this is, I believe, the peak of my OCD. It's never felt more ego-dystonic ever... Don't know if it's the right term but I've never been like obsessed with tidying up things or cleaning... I remember being so cynical with my mother and grandmother for cleaning so much (not in an obsessive way, just felt too much for me) and them telling me I would be like that one day but I didn't imagine it would be like this! I want to set my room on fire other than seeing it messy just one more time I can't stand it I want everything to be just perfect. I need help.

Edited by lily17
Spelling mistake

Hi @lily17 

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this :( Do you have any idea why you now want the things to be tidy or clean - what is the fear / driving force behind this OCD? That being said, there is no need to know a reason - I believe the advised solution would be ERP anyway - to resist the compulsion to tidy and clean. Remember that before, you were happy without everything being perfect - and that there is no problem with the mess really, the problem is OCD.

Do you have any support in place- medication, therapy?

Thanks for teaching me a new word :) I just looked up ego-dystonic, very interesting.

Best of luck, you can do this.

?

3 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Hi @lily17 

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this :( Do you have any idea why you now want the things to be tidy or clean - what is the fear / driving force behind this OCD? That being said, there is no need to know a reason - I believe the advised solution would be ERP anyway - to resist the compulsion to tidy and clean. Remember that before, you were happy without everything being perfect - and that there is no problem with the mess really, the problem is OCD.

Do you have any support in place- medication, therapy?

Thanks for teaching me a new word :) I just looked up ego-dystonic, very interesting.

Best of luck, you can do this.

?

Hey there Hedgehog, thanks for your reply. The reason as you say doesn't have to exist, and it indeed doesn't. There is no reason at all why I want everything to be perfect now, it's completely irrational-OCD typical I guess. And yes, I've been going to therapy and I'm on meds for a long time which usually work very well to me but lately in therapy we haven't been discussing OCD things except the other day because I'm generally much better, except these episodes... Just texted my psychologist but since it's Sunday I don't know if she'll reply. Anyway, I feel much better letting things out now, so thanks to you too :)