Urgent advice please :(

Hi everybody, I know this is a topic I’ve mentioned quite a lot. I’m so sorry but I just feel like I need to move somewhere else to get myself better, home life is extremely toxic and awful and I’ve came to the realisation I can’t get well when my mum is not well herself. 

She speaks to a counsellor from a local IAPT centre, and she came upstairs just now to mention how she’s going to speak with her therapist today about how I accused her of having a personality disorder (I didn’t accuse her, I mentioned it as she shows a lot of the signs) and how I’m basically calling her crazy and a psycho :( this makes me anxious as I don’t want a stranger to think I’m a bad person, for my mum to twist things and for her to think I’m an awful person because of what the therapist might say about me. I feel so sick as she’s already said he’s called me a ‘gaslighter’ which I don’t understand why? 

I of course I’m nervous that the therapist will say she doesn’t have a personality disorder despite her showing so many signs. Even this morning it was 6am and she has music on at full blast to cheer her up but she does this every morning, I know this has angered some of my neighbours but she ‘doesn’t give a * about what they think’ even when she’s screaming and people can here she doesn’t care. I know what she’ll do and it’ll cause even more of an argument which will increase my ocd and anxiety even more. I had a bad experience with my local IAPT so I’m just nervous, she says I’m her problem, I’m always the problem all because say  I won’t take a cup out of my room that I’m still drinking out of? She takes everything as an attack and absolutely screams. She’s still sleeping around with my dad despite being broken up for a year now (he treated her so so badly) it’s just so clear something is wrong. I don’t even think it’s right for a mother to scream at her children every single day for hours, even that has been so damaging to me and I’m 19 now, it’s still going on! 

If anybody has anything I can do like housing support etc, I just can’t live here anymore. There’s no family I can live with and I have social anxiety too which makes it even worse as i struggle to go out :( it’s getting so much worse, I can’t get better and she’s making me feel suicidal :( 

Edited by Summer9173
  • Summer9173 changed the title to Urgent advice please :(

Hey, sorry to hear you’re going through a tough time. 

Assuming you’re in the UK.

I got a call the other day from the GP surgery, this woman’s role was a ‘social prescriber’ - I think they help people with mental health problems, specifically looking at social welfare. You could call your gp surgery up and see if they have someone similar ? My gp referred me to them (I was completely unaware they existed). Alternatively maybe speaking to your local council will be a good place to start to find out more information on social housing ect or even calling citizens advice bureau. I would do the latter first - they’ll tell you what to do.

Best of luck. 

4 minutes ago, Ma29 said:

Hey, sorry to hear you’re going through a tough time. 

Assuming you’re in the UK.

I got a call the other day from the GP surgery, this woman’s role was a ‘social prescriber’ - I think they help people with mental health problems, specifically looking at social welfare. You could call your gp surgery up and see if they have someone similar ? My gp referred me to them (I was completely unaware they existed). Alternatively maybe speaking to your local council will be a good place to start to find out more information on social housing ect or even calling citizens advice bureau. I would do the latter first - they’ll tell you what to do.

Best of luck. 

Thank you @Ma29 I will have a look into that :) I’ve never heard of a social prescriber either but that would be amazing! 

its so difficult as even with my OCD she gets excited because she thinks she’ll get money off her water bill and other benefits ??